Bug - Not A Bug How do I disable checking for updates?

Rahmuss

I think I've seen this before; but it started doing it all over again. After each adventure it does this sequence:

Code:
Encounter: Possibility Giant
Strategy: F:\KoLM\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: [I]charname[/I] wins initiative!
New Version of ZLib Available: r33
Upgrade ZLib from : 23 to r33 here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2072
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
New Version of First Things First Available: 4.0
Upgrade First Things First from 3.2 to 4.0 here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=1255
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Round 1: [I]charname[/I] attacks!
And so instead of it taking 10 minutes to get through my CLI code script it takes over an hour.
This is with the latest version (r10179).
I don't see anything in the preferences that checks for updates or anything. I'm sure I may be missing something; but I can't find it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Theraze

Well, my first suggestion would be to update ZLib and FTF, if they aren't. It says they're actually out of date. New ZLib will only check for updates once per day, for example...

If you actually want to disable all update checking for some reason, hack your ZLib's check_version or sameornewer, either way.

Rahmuss

I guess I thought it might be a bug because it wasn't checking between each adventure before, it just started today for some reason, and I figured it was some setting in mafia that was checking supporting scripts or something since it was doing it with both scripts. Sorry about that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You tell KoLmafia to run a script.
It does so.
The script does something you don't like.
Blame the script, not KoLmafia.

KoLmafia does no "version checking" of any sort on scripts.

Now, there is a thread going on discussing how KoLmafia COULD do version checking and script updating and what have you - and if that project goes forward, then I guarantee that threads like this will continue to appear and it won't be so clear just where the problem is. I'm not looking forward to that, even though it won't be me diagnosing and fixing the issues...