Bug - Not A Bug Having a Ball buff considered to always be +1% Stats ?

Darzil

Developer
Was trying to work out why my actual and expected Stats weren't lining up.

When I did a Modtrace I found that it was the Having a Ball buff, which was shown as +1%, though it was actually +35%.

I guess that may be a tricky thing to account for, though, as it varies.

slyz

Developer
Did you change clan after loging on? Maybe Mafia resets the ball pit effect to 1% if it doesn't know how many balls are in your current clan's pit?

Theraze

It looks like it might be a partially coded section. The actual line in modifiers.txt for the ballpit is this:
Having a Ball! Muscle Percent: [pref(ballpitBonus)], Mysticality Percent: [pref(ballpitBonus)], Moxie Percent: [pref(ballpitBonus)]

Basically, it's reading your personal preferences for ballpitBonus. If you have 350 balls in the pit, set your ballpitBonus to 35 and all should detect modifier properly from there on.

The issue is that your preference doesn't appear to correctly be updating currently though, at least not for you... Appears that it's supposed to automatically update, based on consequences.txt, but the default if the autodetection fails is 1% (found in defaults.txt).

Basically, someone needs to troubleshoot consequences to make it actually work properly for detecting percentage.

Last edited:

xKiv

Try setting debugConsequences to true?

ETA: also, when does mafia check the description text for consequences? On login? Ascension? Clan hopping?
The only guarantees I see are
1) it will check when you display the effect description (by clicking on the effect icon, or manually going to the proper desc_effect.php? page)
2) it will *not* detect that somebody added some balls behind your back

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
To clarify, I hadn't hopped clan in a week or two, No balls have been added in a few months, I hadn't ascended for nearly two weeks, and I login in multiple times a day. Visiting the effect description didn't change the results.

Though oddly in 8820 it does seem to be picking it up correctly at present.

Last edited:
ballpit buff

r8863 counts the teeth. You will need to examine the fossilized necklace's description for the counts to be updated.

Why doesn't the same update occur when I visit the Ballpit?

I haven't switched clans for about 2 weeks but mafia still swears my ballpit is only +8% when in reality it's full.

jasonharper

Developer
The ballpit bonus is updated when you look at the description of the Having a Ball effect, and I've just double-checked that this actually works. It intentionally doesn't pay attention to the ball count shown on the pit itself, since that's not necessarily relevant - you could have jumped into a different clan's pit.

HippoKing

Would it be possible to get a CLI command those goes through and does all of these updates? Like, checks your crimbo tree if you've got one, checks your necklace, checks your slime skills or whatever else works that way. Just makes sure everything Mafia knows is up-to-date.

jasonharper

Developer
It already does that, just very slowly - it updates one item/effect/skill description on the first login of each day.

A command to update all of them would get abused, I suspect.