Feature Have Gear Changer tab also check closet while in aftercore

Kamui

I end up using a PvP protection script to have my better stuff generally be safe once I break prism and go into aftercore for extended periods. Problem is I've seen that the Gear Changer tab - my main place where I check/equip things, sometimes the equipment bit in the Item Manager too - doesn't also check your closet for any gear. Could there be a checkbox/button/preference for this that lets the equipment section of Item Manager and the Gear Changer tab also look at your closet? If this feature is already present and I'm just an idiot, feel free to brick me for being a moron.

Theraze

Isn't this the same as Preferences->Item Acquisition->Take items from the closet whenever needed?

Kamui

Not quite, you can get them if you remember that you have the things, but things that are in your closet are apparently not considered when you look through the equipment section of your Item Manager or the Gear Changer tab itself. You CAN see them if you check the closet tab itself, but you can't sort them to only have pants, for example. It's mainly confusing when you're looking through your gear for something to do in aftercore, but can't recall exactly what it was called. Probably mostly my fault since I haven't had to do regular aftercore for a long time (last was during the brushfires, and that wasn't a generic like the mimes and now doing some Hobopolis runs).

Theraze

They're should be displayed in other tabs if you have that preference checked...

I guess that should probably be the FReq then. Anyways, looks like General->Item Manager->Equipment doesn't display items available through your preference options properly, only displaying items currently in your inventory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Anyways, looks like General->Item Manager->Equipment doesn't display items available through your preference options properly, only displaying items currently in your inventory.
Interesting that you conclude that the "proper" functioning of a card which was designed to be "show me equipment in inventory" is to show equipment in storage or closet, as well. There are other tabs to show closet and storage. The tab is actually working exactly as originally intended.

Of course, considering that the "use items from closet" and "use items from storage" options didn't exist when that tab was created, it is unsurprising that it was designed to show only inventory.

I guess you are arguing that any card that is not in the "General" section - i.e., shows just one location container of items - should, effectively, operate on the merged list of available items from all locations that "acquire" will pull from.

That's a reasonable Feature Request. It is to the Item Manager what this one it to the Gear Changer.

Regarding this FR, I will note, at least, that Outfits will pull from closet or storage, as needed, if your settings so dictate. I did that when I was doing PVP and wanted to closet everything important and have KoLmafia pull out outfit pieces when commanded to wear an outfit.

Theraze

Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word 'properly' there, sorry. :(

I should just have commented on that as the current status. Properly is dependent on the will of the original designer, as well as the state of the program at the time it was originally conceived. Hence FReq, not Bug Report, as the proper change request.

Sorry for aspersion-ing.

The maximizer tab will also use the retrieval locations. Not sure specifically which should additionally be parsed. Probably equipment... what else?