Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

rheinhold

Annoyance that I hope the Harvest devs will consider fixing:

"Oops. You've run out of adventures. That shouldn't have happened"

The reason is because wearing Pantsgiving gives me new room to eat *during* my adventuring, and then when I get to the end of my adventures, I have unused "full". Perhaps you could check when adventures run out if we have remaining full or spleen?

Thanks!

coandco

Annoyance that I hope the Harvest devs will consider fixing:

"Oops. You've run out of adventures. That shouldn't have happened"

The reason is because wearing Pantsgiving gives me new room to eat *during* my adventuring, and then when I get to the end of my adventures, I have unused "full". Perhaps you could check when adventures run out if we have remaining full or spleen?

Thanks!

I've got a preliminary fix for this written. I'll test it out when I do my farming tonight, then commit it to the SVN if nothing breaks.

For now the fix only tests fullness, because of Pantsgiving (which I have). Is there a similar extra-spleen-while-adventuring item that I should be aware of?

coandco

Ed stuff could also affect stomach or liver.

Right, but will it typically do so while in the middle of harvesting? All of the Steel stomach/liver/spleen skills also apply here, but I don't think that trying to write a case to deal with them specifically is worthwhile in a farming script.

The only reason that Pantsgiving is a problem here is that it changes max fullness while the script is running, and does so reliably every day. That's unlikely to be an issue with Ed or the Steel skills, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:

coandco

I've now tested my fix, and have committed it to SVN. You should be able to update the script from within KoLMafia now.

Theraze

Depends - if someone has actually automated the Ed-deaths, yes. Yes it may.

Is someone likely to pick Ed-core for farming and not prioritize them if they have an automated script for raising those? Not likely. But hey, people are weird.

Personally, if you want to keep a challenge path for farming, not sure why you'd pick anything other than AoSP.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Ed is the best for pickpocketing things with tiny black hole and/or birdform, since you get 3 free attempts (up to 5 if you count ka drops and kill the monster in question). Ed is also okay for meatfarming (although his turngen is in practice somewhat anemic).

Pwnacus Maximus

Hey y'all. I'm trying to use this script, but every time I do I get this error:

Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':

any idea how to fix it?

Pwnacus Maximus

Could I get you to switch to the Graphical CLI and run the script, then paste everything it says after "call scripts/Harvest.ash" here?

Okay. Here's what I got:

"> call /Users/Raymond/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/scripts/Harvest.ash

Checking for updates (running Harvest ver. 2.0.9)...
Running Harvest version: 2.0.9 (current)
Script setup complete. You can now configure the script's options with the relay script
Remember to click the Save button (bottom left) when you're done"

Then I ran the relay_harvest.ash, just to see what would happen, and got this:

"> call /Users/Raymond/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/relay/relay_Harvest.ash

Script setup complete. You can now configure the script's options with the relay script
Remember to click the Save button (bottom left) when you're done
Checking for updates (running relay_Harvest ver. 2.0.5)...
Running relay_Harvest version: 2.0.5 (current)
Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':"

coandco

Okay. Here's what I got:

"> call /Users/Raymond/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/scripts/Harvest.ash

Checking for updates (running Harvest ver. 2.0.9)...
Running Harvest version: 2.0.9 (current)
Remember to click the Save button (bottom left) when you're done"

Then I ran the relay_harvest.ash, just to see what would happen, and got this:

"> call /Users/Raymond/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/relay/relay_Harvest.ash

Remember to click the Save button (bottom left) when you're done
Checking for updates (running relay_Harvest ver. 2.0.5)...
Running relay_Harvest version: 2.0.5 (current)
Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':"

Okay. Given that, open HAR_settings.txt in your KoLMafia data directory and paste me the line beginning with "har_gen_ccs". It should end in "string"; I suspect that it doesn't, for whatever reason.

Pwnacus Maximus

Okay. Given that, open HAR_settings.txt in your KoLMafia data directory and paste me the line beginning with "har_gen_ccs". It should end in "string"; I suspect that it doesn't, for whatever reason.

Hm. It appears I don't have a HAR_Settings.txt file at all. I have buffbot_buffs, _daily_profits, and effects_to_remove, but no settings. Where can I get the settings file?

Bale

Minion
I just took a quick look at the code and I think he actually meant HAR_Options.txt so if you can find that file, please post the line from it.

Unfortunately I am completely baffled past that point. I cannot find the code intended to create that file if it does not already exist. Instead I see code that keeps settings like har_gen_ccs as zlib vars. Clearly I'd need to study the script a lot more closely to figure out how HAR_Options and the zlib var file exchange their settings.

Theraze

Well, the relay script was run incorrectly... it should have been run from the relay browser, not run through the gCLI. That may have broken settings, potentially...

Bale

Minion
Ah. Missed that. It is almost certainly the cause of the problem. Assuming that Pwnacus Maximus doesn't know how to correctly run a relay script, here's a short lesson:

Open the relay browser so that you can play KoL. Now look at the top menu. In the right-hand side of the top menu is a drop-down menu containing the words "-run script-" and at least one item. Select "Harvest" from the drop down menu. That will cause the main menu of KoL turn into a control panel for the script. Select the options you like and click the SAVE button.