Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Bale

Minion
What you think about modifying Harvest to keep its own data files on the SVN and update them along with SVN instead of using zarqon's map manager?

Pros: Simpler version control, easier updating.
Cons: Only people with access to the SVN can update them.

Ioeth

That seems like a pretty logical step to make now. The biggest benefit of using zarqon's map manager before was that you didn't have to bundle data files with the script, but now SVN can do that for us. Since the data files are pretty tied into the functionality of the script, I don't think that the con of only people with SVN access being able to update them is a big one. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that I was able to add that new option to zarqon's map manager without some sort of login or verification. I'd be all for it.

Bale

Minion
Since the data files are pretty tied into the functionality of the script, I don't think that the con of only people with SVN access being able to update them is a big one.

If you want to keep the data files publicly editable, there is a way. You'd create a new project on SVN, add it as a dependency and make it publically editable. Actually, I think I'll do this now as a proof of concept by adding Harvest Datafiles as a subproject of Harvest.

The data files HERE should be publically editable by anyone with a sourceforge id. Please let me know what you think of this. If you'd prefer it is easy enough to move them back to the main project and delete the sub project.

Harvest updated: svn update mafia-harvest

While doing this I noticed something a bit weird in Harvest. These lines:
Code:
load_current_map("HAR_Bounty_Data", bounty_info);
map_to_file(bounty_info, "HAR_Bounty_Data.txt");
load_current_map("HAR_Buffbot_Info", buffbot_data);
map_to_file(buffbot_data, "HAR_Buffbot_Info.txt");
You load "HAR_Bounty_Data" into bounty_info and load "HAR_Buffbot_Info" into buffbot_data. Lol! It's a little confusing seeing data and info transposed like that.

xKiv

... the con of only people with SVN access being able to update them...

In fact, this might also be a pro - you get a certain level of accountability when each modification is associated with somebody's identity. And that's not just "who's responsible for this mess", but also "who's to be commended for this" or "ah, I see this has been done by PERSON, so it probably HAS A MEANINGFUL CONTEXT".

Another aside: commit messages.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Agreed. If I controlled a data file, I'd consider anonymous updates of it to be a bug, not a feature. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't be bothered to register an account, I don't want to hear from you.

Accountability is key.

(Of course, I've heard whining for years from people who only submit bug reports on the G-D forum thread - which I, personally, have not looked at in well over a year - because they "can't be bothered" to register here to post bug reports, so this is definitely a matter of philosophy. :))

caphector

I'm having issues with the relay script; when I run the config script I get this error:

Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':

I tried deleting the script and it's dependancies and reinstalling to no effect.

Commenting out this line:
construct_option("har_gen_ccs");
means it errors on the next construct_option.

To my crappy coder eye it looks like construct_option is requiring a setting string and a special string, as these fall through to this test:

abort("Invaild option type specified for setting '"+ the_setting +"': "+ type);

Adding a test for an empty option (type == "") does not help; commenting out either the Abort or adding the empty type test draws the form but with all labels blank.

I tried running this:

ash get_property("har_profit_file_created")

and I get a couple HAR_ files (./data/HAR_Buffbot_Buffs.txt, ./data/HAR_Effects_to_Remove.txt) but no others.

Summary: When I run the script it errors out with "Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':" I tried to fix it but I'm not a good enough coder to do so. I tried an earlier fix to no effect, and I tried a reinstall.

Ioeth

The har_gen_ccs variable is used to store the name of the KoLmafia custom combat settings to use while harvesting. Run the command "zlib har_gen_ccs" on the CLI interface to see what it's currently set to; paste the results in a reply here if you like. Try changing it back to the default CCS by running the command "zlib har_gen_ccs = default". Also make sure that you're on the latest version of Harvest installed via SVN. If you've installed it a while ago, try running the "svn update" CLI command to make sure you're on the latest version.

caphector

Ioeth:

I get this for har_gen_css:

zlib har_gen_ccs =

A svn update gives this for the version:

mafia-harvest is at HEAD (r10)

zlib har_gen_ccs = default results in the same error when running the relay script.

caphector

Yes, yes I am. The script generates this in browser:

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 3.03.33 PM.png

When I check the Mafia CLI I see this:

Code:
Script setup complete. You can now configure the script's options with the relay script
Remember to click the Save button (bottom left) when you're done
Invaild option type specified for setting 'har_gen_ccs':

Theraze

Well, I'm not one of the people who can fix this, so I can just happily/lazily shrug. :p

But the lazy fix is to remove:
Code:
		case $location[Degrassi Knoll]:
			if(in_muscle_sign())	
				accessible = false;
			break;
Since it's a bounty hunt thing, I don't know which of the zones has the bounty... probably The Degrassi Knoll Garage, but it might be somewhere else. If you want to make that assumption, instead of removing those four lines, just change Degrassi Knoll to The Degrassi Knoll Garage and hope it's right. :D

Cheese Loaf

Deleted that, but still getting this:
> call scripts\Harvest.ash

the degrassi knoll bakery
the degrassi knoll garage
the degrassi knoll gym
the degrassi knoll restroom
Multiple matches against Degrassi Knoll.
The string "Fernswarthy's Ruins" no longer matches a location name; use "Tower Ruins" instead
The string "Orc Chasm" no longer matches a location name; use "The Valley of Rof L'm Fao" instead

I can't find 'degrassi' anywhere in the text for the script, but something's still borked.

Bale

Minion
The problem was in HAR_Bounty_Data.txt. (The clue was the lack of line numbers in your error message.) I say "was" because I just fixed it. I think. I don't actually have it installed so you'll have to confirm.

svn update

Cheese Loaf

As long as I'm bug reporting, I've been having a lot of problems with the handling of putty for the past few weeks. Here's what happens:
Using 1 Spooky Putty monster...

[239479] Spooky Putty Monster
Encounter: four-shadowed mime
Strategy: C:\Users\bpanders\Documents\Kol7\ccs\candygeyser.ccs [four-shadowed mime]
Round 0: uncle leroy wins initiative!
Round 1: uncle leroy executes a macro!
Round 1: uncle leroy casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: uncle leroy uses the Spooky Putty sheet!
Round 3: uncle leroy casts CANDYBLAST!
Round 4: uncle leroy casts CANDYBLAST!
Round 5: uncle leroy casts CANDYBLAST!
Round 6: uncle leroy casts CANDYBLAST!
Round 7: uncle leroy wins the fight!
You acquire an item: mime soul fragment
You gain 8 Strongness
You gain 12 Magicalness
You gain 20 Roguishness
Finished using 1 Spooky Putty monster.
You need 1 more Spooky Putty monster to continue.
You need 1 more Rain-Doh box full of monster to continue.

I make a new monster, but somehow mafia loses it in the process. If I restart mafia I can do it again, but then it breaks like this. Not sure if it's a Harvest or general mafia problem, but thought I'd point it out.

EDIT: Think it's got to do with Just the Best Anapests. When I uneffect that it works again. Adding an auto-uneffect for that to the mood- hopefully that takes care of the problem. It also screws up the recording of Candyblast drops- I guess anything that drops during combat is invisible under that effect. As discussed here... http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?11351-Grinder-Anapests-problem&highlight=anapests

Last edited:

CKtheFat

Code:
> call scripts\Harvest.ash

har_current_activity => prefarm
har_current_activity => bountyhunt

- No Change -
Birthday Suit
Filthy Hippy Disguise
Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform
Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Visit to Plains: The Degrassi Knoll Garage in progress...
You can't get to that area.

I'm still getting this error, just did the svn update and running the latest Kolmafia build (12556).

I do have this line in HAR_Bounty_Data.txt:

Code:
the degrassi knoll garage	47.35	19.08	6.89	3.38

I'm not sure what you changed to get Cheese Loaf's bug fixed, but I'm guessing what I'm getting is something similar. I'm level 7 in a normal hardcore run, so I don't think that's the problem.