Bug - Fixed Generates error when CRIMBCO monster defeated

pheloniusfriar

I downloaded 14.3 yesterday and ran it instead of 14.2. When I killed a CRIMBCO monster, I got an error notification and the main pane remained blank. I was able to select "CRIMBCO Cublicles" from the left pane to adventure again, however, it did the same thing every time. I rolled back to 14.2... I have attached the debug log output per the instructions in the log.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20101217.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 44

Theraze

Unless it's been added to 8827 or 8828, the monsters in CRIMBCO cubicles aren't added, so you can't actually automate them (as easily).

Looks though like your problem is that it doesn't know what to do with the items. Run an update clear, restart, and see if it's fixed.

Theraze

If CRIMBCO cubicles is selectable from the adventuring panel, it can't be older than daily build 8825.

Theraze

If it's the charpane, then right... a daily build is needed. I just expect the left pane to be the left side of the adventuring tab. :)

pheloniusfriar

Hi, I was playing the sourceforge version 14.3 with no updates. Yes, I was playing it in a tab in FireFox (wasn't trying to do automation). It works fine in 14.2.

pheloniusfriar

Pardon my kolmafianoobness... I could not figure out how to do a "refresh update". I did restart. Also, is there a link to how to use the .jar files? I looked but didn't find anything... thx.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you just want a single version now and then you want to go back to major builds from there, just download the .jar file, put it in the same place as the .exe (or .app for OSX) and double click to run it. Pretend it's a .exe/.app because it will work exactly the same.

StDoodle

Minion
To force your data files to the latest batch, run "update clear" on the gCLI. This will require a restart after.

To run a .jar file; assuming java is configured correctly on your machine, pretend it's an .exe. No, really; put it in the same place as you would for the .exe, click on it the same, etc. No difference should be noticeable.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8833 will avoid NPE for adding use links to unknown items. I don't see how that could happen, since when an unknown item drops, we should enter it into all the appropriate tables, but what the heck.

pheloniusfriar

Issue resolved

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm running 14.3r8833 and the bug did not occur. What threw me is that 14.2 did not have the issue, and that's why I reported it. Also, I have the mafiaupdater installed, and I feel silly for not knowing how to run a .jar file... again, thanks!