Feature - Rejected Generalize who_clan(); function

sfwarlock

Hi,

I want to do some scripted mass buffing of chat channels. The following works for clannies, but I want to expand my reach. Can there be implemented a function who(channelname), please?

ashq foreach player in who_clan() { cli_execute ("cast empathy on " + player); }

holatuwol

Developer
I'd need another use case other than buffing to justify it, since /who [channel] brings up the contact list, and there should be a button on the contact list that lets you mass-buff all the people that have been selected.

sfwarlock

That requires clicking on things. I'm sorry, I know that sounds kind of petty, but that way it can't be scripted/triggered/etc.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
The issue with a script function returning a list of users is it makes it very easy for someone to mass spam everyone in a channel.

holatuwol

Developer
That requires clicking on things. I'm sorry, I know that sounds kind of petty, but that way it can't be scripted/triggered/etc.
Yeah, I need a better use case. Even if it's all hearts and unicorns like mass-buffing /newbie with excess mana generated from stasis'ing, I can't really get behind the idea of having no idea who you're buffing, so I need a different example for a feature that would also (as Rinn points out) have potential for abuse.

HasteBro

I can see this also being useful for contests and other things in /games (i.e. ARs), but what Rinn said is true, this would be too easy to abuse with things such as clan propaganda and phishing/scamming.

slyz

Developer
Mass buffing /newbie with Ur-Krel's is a classic club move. I'll mark this as Rejected, unless Hola wants to unleash his inner club :)