Bug - Fixed Gear changer malfunction

McFeisty

The last few builds I've used haven't had a functional gear changer, I log in and it shows that I have nothing on, but I am wearing an outfit. Making it change to Birthday Suit or some other outfit seems to actually change to that setup, but my custom outfits don't seem to be working. I have a bounty gear setup that it fails to change to, telling me I don't have a bounty hunting helmet (but I do, it is accessible, and I was probably wearing that when I logged into Mafia). Changing to some other hat and then refreshing Mafia doesn't work, it still tells me I don't have one (Bounty Gear is not listed as a choice in the outfits dropdown). When I try to change to my rollover setup, it tells me I don't have a fudgecycle (but I do, and it is accessible). A few days ago, it tried to make me a new Duct Tape Shirt when I told it to change to an outfit, and if I'd had enough Duct Tape to do so, I expect it would've duplicated my shirt for me. It doesn't change into any part of the outfit at all, just fails and tells me I'm missing things that I'm not missing.

I've been forced to use the relay browser to do all my gear changing, and once I use it, the gear changer reflects what I'm wearing properly, but still claims I'm missing items on some of my custom outfits.

11267, 11271, 11275, 11276, 11278 (and possibly 11254) are the .jar files I've been using that haven't been working. I've been getting the newest one each day to see if they have a working gear changer. The debug log I'm posting is generated at login, so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. Thank you! :)

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120713.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 50

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That debug log is due to an unrecognized familiar. Since the flaming face was added in 11270, I suspect you have familiars.txt in your data folder overriding mafia's updated value.

Regardless, that debug log isn't helpful for figuring out the issue with the Gear Changer. Is it only equipment that mafia doesn't know about, or is your whole inventory being missed?

McFeisty

That debug log is due to an unrecognized familiar. Since the flaming face was added in 11270, I suspect you have familiars.txt in your data folder overriding mafia's updated value.

Regardless, that debug log isn't helpful for figuring out the issue with the Gear Changer. Is it only equipment that mafia doesn't know about, or is your whole inventory being missed?

I only have itemflags.txt and mallprices.txt in my data folder. Any other pointers on resolving that problem with it not recognizing my currently equipped familiar (flaming face) would be appreciated, as it's still happening. :)

I'm only having trouble in the gear changer, the drinking/eating/items popout window works fine, afaik. And it is only certain pieces of equipment that it thinks are missing, almost everything seems to be in the proper places in the dropdown boxes in the gear changer, except for the ones it thinks are missing, but which are not missing.

I just got 11294.jar (previously 11278) and when I logged into KoLMafia, the gear changer listed my currently equipped wardrobe as (none) for every slot. It listed my Flaming Face as equipped, with no item equipped on it. I tried to put on my custom bounty outfit, and it failed, not equipping any part of the outfit, telling me I had no Bounty Hunting Helmet. It let me equip my familiar with an ant pick. I tried to select the BHH, but it was not listed under the hats dropdown. Interestingly, the fudgcycle (which on previous days had been the item it couldn't find to equip my rollover custom outfit) was listed in the accessories dropdown when I checked.

Ok, logged out and back in and my familiar is still equipped with the ant pick, but it's listing all my equipment slots as (none), and if I look for the items that I know I'm wearing in those slots, they do not appear to be in the dropdown list, so it seems to be missing only the items I'm actually wearing at log-in when I try to equip another custom outfit. Since I was wearing some/all Bounty pieces, the Bounty Hunting Rig doesn't appear as a choice in the regular Outfit dropdown, and any other outfit that has those items in common fails to load any of the outfit at all.

When I looked for another bug report like this, I found the one that seems to be loading only partial outfits (end of May, I think), but I'd be happy to have that partial loading, mine seemed to be different, in that the pieces it thinks I'm missing are actually what I had on when I logged on (and so are not missing or inaccessible), but it fails to load any of the pieces in my outfit of choice, so I posted a new bug report.

It still seems to get back its senses (mostly) after I've loaded the game in the relay browser, I must refresh Mafia and it then knows what I'm wearing, and then (now) will load my custom outfits properly, but the Bounty Rig still is not listed under the normal Outfits dropdown, regardless of what I do.
Thanks for any help! :)

McFeisty

With the newest .jar file, 11306, the gear changer malfunctions I was having seem to have completely gone away. Thanks! :)

Oh, also the Flaming Face Familiar (currently equipped) generating that debug log didn't happen today, either, that's all good, too, thanks! :)

Last edited: