Feature Fortune cookie use link on semirare acquisition

Explorifice

Feature proposal: After acquiring a semi-rare item, offer a [fortune cookie] consume function after acquiring a semi-rare item. This would apply to most semi-rare adventures, or it could be combat encounter-specific for baa'baa'bu'ran or knob goblin embezzler.

Darzil

Developer
Personally I'd not be interested, as when I get a semi-rare I'd want a fortune cookie sometime in the next 160 turns, ideally whilst I have got milk running, which is often in the next days turns, assuming I wasn't planning on eating an optimal dog.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I, also, do my best to eat my fortune cookies with milk, since there's never a rush to eat them right away.

On the other hand, I'm currently in a Class Act II non-Sauceror run - with no milk - and I have been eating fortune cookies right away after getting semirares, so I think this is not a bad idea, per se - and it is perfectly reasonable for certain playstyles, obviously. :)

And no, Fluxxdog, since all semirares are in adventure.php locations, there is no problem with immediately eating a new fortune cookies. Bale's CounterChecker eats one right away, for example.

Bale

Minion
Wasn't there a problem with eating a fortune cookie right away?

There was. Past tense.

Many moons ago in a long gone day, before the Hidden City revamp there was a semi-rare that appeared in a location that was not one of the sacred adventure.php! Whomsoever was fool enough to gain that cursed semi-rare and not go forth to a blessed place before eating, would discover that a cookie of fortune doth bear false witness.

Bale's CounterChecker eats one right away, for example.

Just for the record, that is an option which can be disabled.