Bug - Not A Bug Firefox 6.0 locks GUI

Zaranthos

After updating to Firefox 6.0 clicking the relay browser button locks the GUI. Updating to the latest daily build did not resolve the issue. Possible new security features in Firefox blocking external launching?

Should also mention I updated to JAVA SE 7.0 (32 bit). Windows 7.

Edit: GUI also hangs closing KoLmafia on preparing to logout. Java SE 7 problem?

Edit: Removed Java 7. Problem solved.

Last edited:

xKiv

AFAIK, java 7 is based on openJDK, which never worked for kolmafia. Upgrade to java 6 ;-p

Magus_Prime

I had no problems running r9720 and using the relay browser under Firefox 6. I hit the relay browser icon in KOLMafia and it popped right up. The KOLMafia GUI remained responsive. I'm running JAVA 6.

roippi

Developer
Java 7 problem. There's a thread open for that, marking this one not a bug.

Also, please just tag new threads as plain "bug" and let mods adjust accordingly.

Zaranthos

AFAIK, java 7 is based on openJDK, which never worked for kolmafia. Upgrade to java 6 ;-p

Well there will be a lot of problems when Java 7, which is released on the main Sun Java site, starts pushing itself as part of automatic updates.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well there will be a lot of problems when Java 7, which is released on the main Sun Java site, starts pushing itself as part of automatic updates.

Yep. The dev team would appreciate your help, either in tracking down what in mafia doesn't work with Java 7 or in telling all the folks who blindly upgrade that the target platform for KoLmafia is still Java 1.4 and they ought not to upgrade. ;-)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member

Code:
java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.2) (suse-4.3.1-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

Hmm. I've been building KoLmafia just fine for a while now.

xKiv

ISTR somebody being told kolmafia won't work with openjdk because ... it doesn't have something?
Maybe it's only when you build it with the non-openjdk jdk and try to run it on one? Or it no longer applies?