Bug - Not A Bug Find and Coinmasters

This is probably a user bug, but it seems that find in ash and find in cli are behaving differently for the coin masters. I have the following in a script.
Code:
set_property("autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters", "true");
cli_execute("find 1 Boris's key"); 
cli_execute("find 1 Jarlsberg's key");
set_property("autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters", "false");

It will abort saying:
Code:
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => true
You need 1 more     Jarlsberg's key to continue.
Afterwards, I immediately typed into the CLI "find 1 Jarlsberg's key" and it would acquire it from the vending machine.

I then updated to the latest KoLMafia and now it is refusing to "find" it despite all acquisition prefs checked.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since you are writing in ASH, it's hard to understand why you'd use

cli_execute("find 1 Boris's key");

rather than

retrieve_item( 1, $item[ Boris's key ] );

but, whatever.

When you say "it will abort saying", do you mean that those are, literally, the only two lines in the gCLI?

From which we can assume that you already have a Boris's key in inventory?

I set a breakpoint in CoinmasterPurchaseRequest before it actually submitted the request and then did this:

ash set_property("autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters", "true");
ash cli_execute("find 1 Boris's key");

and it printed "Purchasing Boris's key (1 @ 1 fat loot token)..."

which is exactly what I expected.

(And when you say "I then updated to the latest KoLMafia and now it is refusing to "find" it despite all acquisition prefs checked." you do realize, I hope, that "find" means "make sure I have the specified items in inventory", NOT "go and get additional objects for me", right? So, as soon as it got the Jarlsberg's key for you, doing "find 1 Jarlsberg's key" doesn't do anything, since you already have the item.)

Thanks for the clarification Veracity and turns out it was a user bug after all. Not sure why, but it seems to be working fine afterall.