Ferns Basement issues

The maximizer is totally fine with me and it's not a problem for me but for some reason today (it was fine yesterday) the drop-down on the adv page itself won't execute the commands. I click it as normal and then hit execute and it "blinks" for a second like it just did it, but it didn't and the item(s) were not used. I do have the items, I do have buy from the mall turned on and I have a little over 2 mil meat (woot!) so I know it's not that I can't afford the potions. Not looking to get this fixed for myself personally since I can use the maximizer but I just wanted to report it if it was part of anything else that might also be effected... affected... it might do other stuff :D

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The basement helper was broken in 12638 and fixed in 12639.
What version are you running? I have a guess!

(I just tried it and it worked fine for me with 12645.)

This is what I got...

Password hash mismatch
Path: "/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=use%201%20Ferrigno%27s%20Elixir%20of%20Power%3B%20&pwd=0b3128284fdb14c33a0477034cb7c470"

Also I'm running r12644

Winterbay

That generally happens when you time out the login and still use the same relay browser. Relaunching the browser generally solves it.

Theraze

And the blinking was probably it logging back into KoL and refreshing the page, as the pwd hash was now bad.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When you look at the basement in the Relay Browser, the special helper features we display depend on basement.js.
We download that to the browser to execute, when it asks for it.
We have to modify it with your current password hash.
That means the browser has to download it fresh every time it needs it.

It sounds like the browser is executing a version from an earlier session, with an obsolete password hash.

We do not tell the browser the "Last Modified" date of basement.js, so it should not cache it. Additionally, I believe we explicitly tell it not to cache.

Now, there was a period when I was experimenting with caching where what I just said might not have been true. If I am right about that and you were running that version, your browser may have downloaded and cached the file - and it will never ask for a new one.

The only solution is to go to your browser preferences and tell it to clear its cached files.

Do that, try the basement, and report back, please.

Thanks.