Feature Feature Request: Item count in Maximiser

wertperch

It's a little thing, and it applies mainly to potions.

An example from today - I wanted to maximise +item, and was given the option of using a !potion of object detection. Given that I would want to save one for the lair, I went to check my inventory to see if I had more than one. It would have been helpful to have seen something like:

Code:
use 1 potion of detection (x)

...where x is the number in inventory. It's a minor niggle, I know, but there for me all the same.

I suppose I should ask at this point if there is a better place to post feature requests! (Apologies if I'm in the wrong place.)

roippi

Developer
When requesting UI improvements, it's generally a good idea to have either a visual mock-up of what you want, or a really good and thorough description. In this case, throwing a number in parentheses doesn't cut it, since there's already a (+score) number that follows each item. Another number after that is ambiguous and confusing. There can also be price information in the case of ticking the max price radio buttons.

(have x) would be an option, but clunky. In aftercore printing (have 0) next to a bunch of things is not the greatest.

I think the way to properly display info like this is in a separate info block, either above the suggestions panel or to the right of it below the "exec selected" button, a la the gear changer. I know there's an outstanding feature request asking for something similar (modifiers? perhaps), if someone could find that and link to it that would be useful.