Bug - Fixed Familial ties reduces underwater familiar penalties by 10

Theraze

Mafia loads up my meatcar's weight when the combat begins, then drops it at the end of each combat. This gives the gCLI output like this:
Round 5: ganger takes 274 damage.
Round 5: Theraze wins the fight!
You gain 146 Meat, but the rest sinks into the murky depths.
A dolphin stole: dull fish scale
You acquire an item: sand dollar
You gain 65 Strongness
You gain 27 Magicalness
You gain 20 Sarcasm
Adjusting familiar weight by -10 pounds
As well, while outside combat, mafia believes it to be 10 pounds. When in combat, it detects as 20. This is due to familial ties, which provides -10 underwater familiar weight penalty.

Last edited:

suinoq

I hope I am posting this bug report correctly. Searching for Familial Ties turned up this thread, as well as 2 others:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4740-Familial-Ties-is-a-Hidden-Familiar-Weight
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4741-Familiar-weight-adjusted-by-20-pounds

For my part, I am using Bander/Boots runaways in the relay browser with Familial Ties active, adventuring in the Marinara Trench to collect tempura batter. The relay browser appears not to recognize the extra 10 pounds of weight, (extra 2 runaways). E.g. during an underwater combat the weight displayed in the relay browser might be 30, when it is in fact 40. As an upshot the relay browser's "100% chance of being free" runaway text will not be present for the last 2 free runaways.

edit for clarity: During an underwater combat both the relay browser and mafia window show the incorrect weight. Of course, for these runaway familiars that also means that both will show e.g. 6/6 runs when the reality is 6/8 runs.

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have not tested with a bander, but 12624 will not screw up its idea of familiar weight when it reads the charpane (or api) and KoL does not show it hidden familiar weight. Since the annotations in the the relay browser depend on KoLmafia's idea of the true weight, not whatever is shown in the charpane, this should fix it.