Bug - Fixed Failure to use all 31337 scrolls on ascension

deusnoctum

I did a bit of farming in the Orc Chasm to burn turns before ascending. From my logs:

Code:
ascend.php?action=ascend&pwd&confirm=on&confirm2=on

use 38 31337 scroll
You acquire an item: hermit script
You acquire an item: stat script

CLI output and logs both indicated that it did not use the other 37 31337 scrolls after the first one was used.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, it sucks that the scroll is marked multi-usable, but the very first time you multi-use them, KoL only uses one of them.
The Warm Subject gift certificate works the same way: the first multi-use consumes only one and gives you a shirt.

Those items require special handling.

Theraze

When I do "use * warm", it uses the first one, then uses the others automagically... is there something similar that needs-to-be/can-easily-be done for the 31337 scrolls?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When I do "use * warm", it uses the first one, then uses the others automagically... is there something similar that needs-to-be/can-easily-be done for the 31337 scrolls?
Yes. Look at UseItemRequest.parseConsumption. Look at the case for ItemPool.WARM_SUBJECT. The case for ItemPool.ELITE_SCROLL needs something similar. In fact, I think the code inside the if statement for the former can be used unmodified for the latter.

Theraze

Okay... here's a patch for UseItemRequest. Includes the patch for "be at least level" not being consumed as well as 31337 HaX0R scroll, and a tab fixing down around fortune cookies. Use whatever you want. :)

Attachments

• EliteScrollChange.patch
    2 KB · Views: 40