Feature - Implemented Exchange tokens for tickets in the Coin Master Interface

Edir

A small feature request...as the Coin Master interface has been/is being revamped, what about putting an extra button on the Arcade Ticket Counter so we can exchange game grid tokens for tickets instead of having to do that manually/by visiting the url?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Visiting "the" URL? What URL? Skeeball, I assume?

I suppose, but I've always resisted that, since "trading 1 token for 10 tickets at the cost of 0 adventures" vs. "trading 1 token for 30 tickets at the cost of 1 adventure by running the DungeonFist script" is not an obvious trade-off. I've never actually done the former, myself.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
5 adventures, not 1. During an ascension, I don't think too many people spend 5 turns and run that script to get their spleen covered. I regularly use the relay browser to get tickets, then switch to mafia to consume the pixie stick.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's been so long since I used tokens...thanks.

In-run, I cover my spleen with agua and/or gongs. I prefer extra stats from the baby sandworm or the llama to MP from the rogue program. I want MP, I get that and items from my Slimeling. But what do I know?

Aren't you the one who said you don't use the Coinmasters interface, lost? Would a skeeball button on the Ticket Counter tab make you change your ways? :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't know, the tokens already have a nice [arcade] link in the relay browser. I feel like a relay override (or greasemonkey script, or whatever I might be unlazy enough to make) that lets me quickly turn tickets into sticks and consume them all in one click is what I really want, which has nothing at all to do with this thread really.

I do think that anyone that already uses coinmasters for spleen consumption would benefit a lot from the button.

Gongs are nice in HC, but in SC with +50 ML at level 4 you just get beaten up in birdform. Bee runs don't cooperate with agua collecting, so I've used a lot of tokens lately.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9470 adds a skeeball button to the Ticket Master panel. It also adds a status line to the Coinmaster Frame so you can see the error message if you don't have any tokens. I suppose I should put in a success message if you DO get tickets, although the ticket balance updates correctly in the title of the frame.

pcolley

Love the Skeeball button, but is there a command line way to invoke skeeball? Other than the url call.

Bale

Minion
There are no command line coinmaster commands yet. They are not in the immediate future either, but probably someday. Perhaps when they are added there will be a skeeball command as well.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That is quite true, Bale.

However ... skeeball is not, strictly, a coinmaster action; it's an arcade game. A broken one.

I think it needs its own command. Like, "skeeball" (with an optional number) will visit the skeeball machine as many times as you specify, up to the number of Game Grid tokens you have. That sounds like about 10 minutes work, and I'll do it before I spin a new release.

Bale

Minion
Well, I am not unhappy to be partially mistaken. I cannot foresee using the command instead of clicking the button, but I think it's a good command to have.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9582 adds the "skeeball" command. You can also say "skeeball 5" or "skeeball *" to trade in 5 or all tokens respectively.

Dankia_Talos

Minor issue with the revamped interface: While in hardcore, you can't buy things from the Wizard's Shoppe, but you can still trade in your cards.