Bug - Fixed Event messages in relay browser persisting across sessions

Grotfang

Developer
Logging out of a character and then back in with a new character doesn't clear the events that show up at the top of the page.

I'm really sorry to be such a pest with these event things. I really like the concept of the feature, though!

Ruby Eyes

Just came here to report the same. Ascended character 1, went up to level 8 and logged off, then logged into character 2 (who is level 13) and got "Welcome back to the Kingdom of Loathing. Noob."

That would be in relay, main pane, using r9883. And apparently the text is all centered ...

mstieler

Here to report the same. Logged out of one account, into another, and the first account's events (including Announcements, Messages, and all the chat-command stuff) popped up, as well as the second's.

Cait

I'm now up to three days worth of 'New Events' that won't go away whenever I click to the main map.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
RequestEditorKit.java calls EventManager.clearEventHistory() at the end of adding stuff to main.php. This empties EventManager.eventTexts, which is what RequestEditorKit.hasEvents checks for. However, RequestEditorKit uses eventHyperTexts when it actually displays events on main.php. Should EventManager.clearEventHistory() also clear eventHyperTexts? clearEventHistory() is only called three times (the others being "events clear" in the CLI and KoLCharacter.reset() ), and all of them look like they would benefit from clearing eventHyperTexts along with eventTexts.