Bug encountersUntilNEPChoice set to 6, not 7 after NEP choice

PeKaJe

encountersUntilNEPChoice is set to 7 when hitting the NEP choice adventure, but then decremented to 6 when doing anything in there.
As a result, it miscounts by one when the next encounter is (reaches 0, then another encounter, then NEP choice).

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Are you sure its wrong? I did a bunch of testing and always hit the NC on 0

PeKaJe

Hmm, yes? It's set to 6 at the end of the NC, but there are 7 encounters to the next one. I adventure there by using an alias that does one encounter regardless of turn-taking, then outputs the tracking variables for free fights left and now also encountersUntilNEPChoice. It hits 0, then there is one more encounter before next NC. First one's fine, though, since it starts out with 7 when you begin the quest. I haven't checked if the variable doesn't reset if you skip the quest several days in a row, where it continues the count across rollover.

gausie

Staff member
6 sounds correct though. I'll have to do more testing. Can you post a log?

gausie

Staff member
I.e. it's the 7th encounter, thus 6 to 0 sounds right to me

PeKaJe

Today's quest required a lot of NC visits, so I copied the activity and what the settings were after each encounter or choice: pastebin link. I'm using free runaways through it. The first time encountersUntilNEPChoice hits 0, the choice follows immediately. encountersUntilNEPChoice is set to 6 immediately after that. The next time encountersUntilNEPChoice hits 0, the following encounter is "plain" girl, followed by the choice.

katyarn

The counter is reset upon ascending, and I think that is handled correctly, however:
The counter should reset upon accepting a quest at the start of Neverending Party.
The counter continues from where you left off if you reject the quest.

Those might not explain what you're seeing but that is a detail I remember being a point of confusion about it in the past

gausie

Staff member
The counter is reset upon ascending, and I think that is handled correctly, however:
The counter should reset upon accepting a quest at the start of Neverending Party.
The counter continues from where you left off if you reject the quest.

Those might not explain what you're seeing but that is a detail I remember being a point of confusion about it in the past
I thought I handled these too. I'll try to replicate the pastebin link when I can, but I can't do any proper mafia work until Thurs when I'm back at work