Bug encountersUntilNEPChoice is not being calculated accurately.

b bandit

I have come to realize, the variable used to track the NEP choice adventure is not accurate, probably because the information in the wiki is not accurate. Regarding the "It's Just Paused" adventure The wiki says that: "The first two occurrences of this non-combat happen on the 8th and 16th adventure in this zone, and every 7 turns afterwards (23, 30, 37...)"

I use free runaways to get to the noncombat about 10 times at the start of the day, and it seems that the adventure will happen every 8 adventures for so long as the "It's Just Paused" noncombat does not cost an adventure (not just the first 2 instances of the day). This would account for the 8th and 16th adventure occuring differently due to the fact that the first time it comes around you are in a free fight automatically, even if you are not using free runaways.

Update:

Mafia is already tracking the number of free fights used as "Preference _neverendingPartyFreeTurns" so that could probably be useful in keeping track of _encountersUntilNEPChoice accurately I believe.

I just ran through my NEP fights and can add some detail as to the last adventure when it occurs every 8 adventures:

After I had run through 9 free NEP adventures, and after coming up on the "Just Paused" noncombat I did a three free runaways and four free instakills before coming up on the Noncombat again (Just paused happened on 8th turn). Apparently a free instakill will advance the _neverendingPartyFreeTurns counter, and that is accurate, because the next "Just Paused" noncombat did cost an adventure. After that, the next "Just Paused" noncombat ocurred on the 7th turn.

Next time I log in I will try to land the 10th free noncombat on the "Just paused" noncombat instead of a fight to see if the next noncombat happens on the 8th or 7th adventure after that.

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
This has come up before - I just need someone to tell me what the right answer is. And ideally update the wiki!

b bandit

OK, I went through with strictly free runaways until the change between every 8 vs every 7 adventures and I have a definitive answer to when the noncombat happens.

It will occur on the 8th turn for so long at the last "Just Paused" happens on a free adventure.

Using free runaways for every turn, after the 10th "Just Paused", which did not cost an adventure, It took 7 free runaways until hitting "Just Paused" number 11, at which point the Noncombat cost 1 adventure. After that it took 6 free runways to hit noncombat number 12.

To be extra sure, I used the same runaway method in the last two instances. It took 7 divine poppers after the last free adventure "Just paused" (the 10th one) and it took 6 divine poppers after the 11th instance of "Just paused," the one which cost an adventure.

My guess is that the "Just Paused" noncombat advances a counter only if it costs an adventure for some reason.

Malibu Stacey

My guess is that the "Just Paused" noncombat advances a counter only if it costs an adventure for some reason.
This is KoL spaghetti. All non-combats behave similarly. Otherwise you could just cheese delay in zones with NC's which have choices that do nothing but leave the NC.

b bandit

So does that mean that my assumption is wrong, or rather that it makes sense? I am not sure what KOL spaghetti is, or what exactly cheesing delay means.

PS: When I googled KOL Spaghetti and I came up with Pastamancers and this:

Last edited:

b bandit

The new shirt IOTM has a skill that will also need to be taken into account for the encountersUntilNEPChoice variable. It is like a Clara's bell but possibly dependent on the zone it is used in. I guess I can spade that out today. Yesterday I just tested it adventuring in the NEP. Used in combat, it makes the next adventure become the noncombat adventure, including if you use a free runaway after using the skill (it's a combat skill).

Update: The in combat skill seems functionally equivalent to Clara's bell. It doesn't matter what zone you use the skill in, just that you use it.

Last edited: