Feature - Implemented Economics of Scale choices

Winterbay

I have a farming multi that often runs around under sea and with the new Sorority house boss up and running people apparently want pufferfish spines and so it has been running around in the Madness Reef. The "Heavily Invested in Pun Futures" chocie adventure (number 311) currently has three options in Mafia namely:
1) show in browser
2) Economics of scale
3) skip adventure

My request is to expand the second option (possibly with a second drop down like in the haunted house for the silver items) where you can choose what to do with your scales because as it stands there is no way of graphically changing what happens if you set that to option 2. You can set chocieAdventure310 manually but not via the nice interface.

I think this would be a nice addition and help me get some pristine fish scales :)

slyz

Developer
r9912 (untested).

Could you check what happens when you try to exchange scales but have less than 10 in your inventory?

been a little while since i did this choice adventure, but isn't it like the bar skin one where you can infinitely loop within it? ie: you dont trade 10 scales are it completes the choice, you can keep trading forever until you hit the "Take your leave" choice...

Winterbay

been a little while since i did this choice adventure, but isn't it like the bar skin one where you can infinitely loop within it? ie: you dont trade 10 scales are it completes the choice, you can keep trading forever until you hit the "Take your leave" choice...

Hmm. That is true. Does this complicate things?

slyz

Developer
Oh... it does.

If you don't have 10 dull fish scales, for example, does the choice to trade them appear?

Winterbay

Oh... it does.

If you don't have 10 dull fish scales, for example, does the choice to trade them appear?

Yep, it does. If you click on an option that doesn't work (due to too few scales) you get a message:
Code:
Not enough dull scales: You don't have that many dull scales, dullard.
Not enough rough scales: You don't have that many rough scales. That's pretty rough.
Take your leave: You tell the Economist to talk to the invisible hand, and take your leave.

Attached is a debuglog of me clicking through the options with and without enough scales and then leaving, in case that helps with anything.

Also, it would be even greater if it was possible to get an extra alternative: trade dull scales to rough and then to pristine (possibly with fewer words)

Edit: Other than that it worked just fine, I had to switch the options while it was running (from rough to pristine to skip) to get it to progress and exit the adventure. :)