Feature - Rejected Don't create Backup outfit unnecessarily

Winterbay

I use the Relay Browser a lot and I have found keeping the gCLI window open and visible goes a long towards letting me know what is happening, or not. There are much better solutions, of course, but this workaround is available now.

Yes, but how do I do that when I have 1 monitor and the resolution of it isn't high enough to enable me to have both a browser and mafia's main window visible at the same time?

Theraze

Isn't it possible to have the CLI open in the right, in the chat area? Does that just provide allowing you to type into it, or does it display as well?

Also, made a feature request for xKiv's relay locking... that would do similar, in that if the relay browser stops loading the page, it's a hint to check the CLI if you aren't seeing it already. Can't break automation if it doesn't let you keep doing stuffs. :)

slyz

Developer
Yes, but how do I do that when I have 1 monitor and the resolution of it isn't high enough to enable me to have both a browser and mafia's main window visible at the same time?
I never have my browser occupying the whole screen, and I generally have Mafia sticking out from behind on the side. That allows me to see if the main Mafia window is green or gray.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
One screen - laptop at 1280 by 800. I do not have the relay browser full screen (and don't see any need for that) and can still see that lines are scrolling in the gCLI if I position both windows properly. I'm obviously not fussy about overlapping windows and I am willing to shift focus to the gCLI if I need to know what is going on. Since the problem at hand is initiating an action in the Relay Browser that might possibly interfere with some other automation, the fact that something is happening is a warning sign. Possibly sub-optimal in some sense but I can live with that.

Theraze

I tried this rollover and if you have show gCLI in Relay enabled, you can have it showing in the same window on the right... No need to pay attention to additional windows.

Winterbay

I tried this rollover and if you have show gCLI in Relay enabled, you can have it showing in the same window on the right... No need to pay attention to additional windows.

Is that the "Integrate chat and Relay browser gCLI Interfaces"?

Theraze

Add command-line interface to right side pane, I believe. Though I have both that and Integrate chat and relay browser gCLI interfaces selected... I believe if you have Add command-line checked but not Integrate, it splits it into two panels. If you have it selected, you pick which one you'd like to see there...? I didn't really check hard... I don't use chat, so... :)

xKiv

That still doesn't solve everything. You can fit in an action before you get any feedback.

I will try it out, though. See if it is of any use with the amount of traffic that passes through my chat pane (which is sometimes still *just* not enough to drive me to mafia's chat window).

Theraze

Yes... I made you a feature request for what you're really asking for, not a hold on this update, but locking the relay browser when a script is running, much as the adventure tab and other client options are locked when a script is in use.

Anyways, here's a log of the code switching outfits to buy nasal spray and failing to switch back to the backup after... This is a part of Wossname.ash, but it's using retrieve_item for the item collection... You can see that it fails to the Backup outfit after, possibly because it fails to purchase the pink candy hearts.
Step 5: Our Lady of Perpetual Indecision sidequest
Searching for "knob goblin nasal spray"...
Putting on Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform...
Equipment changed.
Purchasing Knob Goblin nasal spray (12 @ 150)...
You acquire Knob Goblin nasal spray (12)
You spent 1,800 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 12 Knob Goblin nasal spray...
You acquire an effect: Wasabi Sinuses (duration: 120 Adventures)
Finished using 12 Knob Goblin nasal spray.
You need 9 more pink candy heart to continue.
Mood swing complete.
Putting on Swashbuckling Getup...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Frat Warrior Fatigues...

Last edited: