Bug - Fixed Desynchronization of day tracking

Cait

I have found a strange problem with KoLmafia if I leave the program open: The internal calendar advances two days for every one. Example: If I leave the java session open through the end of Starch 1, logging out and logging back in to run the next day's adventures will have it tell me that today is Starch 3 (St. Sneaky Pete's Day) even though it is not. If I leave it open yet another day, on the actual Starch 3 it'll tell me that it's Starch 5 (Mysticality Day) and not acknowledge that it really is SSPD.

I have experienced this issue through multiple builds and on different computers, and can reproduce it (given enough time). It's not a crippling bug, but it seems to have gone unfixed for a number of months.

Theraze

My guess is that the game's calendar is initialized based on your computer's calendar day. The calendar updates on rollover, but when your computer's calendar day updates, it moves the base that it's calculating as well...

No easy way to fix, besides making it save your computer's calendar day as a variable on launch, and work based on that as opposed to the actual date. But that's a weird hacky fix.

Cait

Grabbed rev 8680 yesterday and left it open overnight. The day tracking functioned as expected this time, so looks like this is resolved.