Feature - Implemented Delay automatic opening of relay browser until after SVN Update on login completes

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how many people actually have the relay browser automatically open but I've been playing that way forever.

So I'd like to see if you have relay browser set to automatically open that if you have enabled SVN update on login that it will delay opening of the relay browser until after the update is completed. Actually maybe wait until it's done with breakfast or any other automated login/startup tasks?

This way if I have any relay scripts that have been updated etc will not interfere if you start doing stuff in the relay browser?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'd like to ponder part of this. I have been playing with the SVN commands and it is quite possible to get failures and errors if a user tries to manually update or install too many scripts at once. If multi-threaded access to write to svn/ is throttled the symptom might disappear.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. SVN update does synchronize so the errors I was seeing were a function of how quickly a user could submit installs from the Script Menu. If this is as simple as moving the launch call or introducing a new flag I'll look at it and submit a PR. Stay tuned.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r26203

New global preference relayDelayForSVN which defaults to 5 seconds. In my test system the update was sometimes still running with this set to 5 but not to 6. But I added a bunch or scripts and 10 wasn't enough. So it probably should be tuned for "local conditions". As near as I can tell this is not going to effect SVN updates that are manually triggered or relay browser launches that aren't part of startup.