New Content - Implemented Cyrpt choice adventure deprecation

GValko

The 4 choice adventures that lead to the bosses in the Cyrpt subareas are deprecated since the roll out of the new content and probably should be removed from the list.

It may give players the false impression of there being a choice adventure, when now once the evil in the zone drops to no more than 25, the boss is triggered.

Unfortunately, I'm not really too sure of the policy on vestigial choice adventures for Mafia, so if this is unneeded you can just close this. I know that you've kept them in place for zones that aren't accessible anymore, but I'm not too sure about when the zone itself has been completely replaced.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If the choice adventure numbers are for the old snarfblat and there are completely new differently numbered, but similar, choice adventures for the new one, then out with the old and in with the new!

If the old choice adventures (judging by number) still exist for the the Cyrpt, but possibly with different choices, we need to adjust the choice options.

If the issue is that they disappear once the Boss is 100% likely to appear, I shrug. It's reasonable to have a choice preference for the first 25 Evilness in a zone.

Can you elaborate, please? Thanks.

Last edited:

Winterbay

There are in fact no longer a choice adventure. When you get below 26 evilness in a zone the next thing you get in that zone is the boss, without the benefit of a choice adventure to let you step out and buff up should you need to. So the old choice adventure numbers are indeed connected to the old snarfblat, and the new snarfblats have no choice adventure there. The other choice adventures are still there though (skull, skull, skull and so on).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There used to be two different choice adventures for each zone. Now there is only one choice adventure. The choice for encountering the boss is gone.
OK, THAT is exactly what I needed to know. I most certainly have seen choice adventures in each of the four zones after the revamp. I depend on them, to fight big swarms of ghuol whelps, for example.

If we still show Boss choice adventures, then, sure - they need to be removed. Thanks.

Bale

Minion
np. Glad I noticed the subtle but significant difference between your question and the answer you were getting.

GValko

I'm sorry about that. It was 3 AM, and after posting the request, I immediately went to sleep.

The adventures in question (by choiceadv id)
these ones still occur
153. Turn Your Head and Coffin
155. Skull, Skull, Skull
157. Urning Your Keep
159. Go Slow Past the Drawers

these ones used to be the "do you want to fight the boss ones" and do not occur.
154. Doublewide
156. Pileup
158. Lich in the Niche
160. Lunchtime

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, 159 was also removed - and was removed in our source already - since it is replaced by 523. Death Rattlin'
Revision 9458 removes the "do you fight the boss" choices.