Bug - Fixed Custom Script Test Fails

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
AFAIK latest version as of this posting. AFAIK git converts EOLs when moving between repositories in my environment.

Error is

test_evilometer.txt output does not match: expected:<Read 9,72[7 bytes into a 9,727] character string
Ro...> but was:<Read 9,72[8 bytes into a 9,728] character string
Ro...>

which suggests a test may be system dependent depending upon EOL.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sounds like the .gitattributes needs to always preserve newlines for the entirety of test/root, as well.

I think it's a matter of...
Code:
test/root/** text eol=lf

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sounds like the .gitattributes needs to always preserve newlines for the entirety of test/root, as well.

I think it's a matter of...
Code:
test/root/** text eol=lf

Is that something you can do or should I decipher it and then try and figure out how to figure out that it made a difference?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I think that might do what we want if you append that line to .gitattributes. I can create a PR for that if you want.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Can you try checking out the line-endings branch that I just pushed to the repo, and seeing if that works for you?

(via command line: git fetch origin && git checkout line-endings; I'm sure you can do it via gui as well)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Conceptually, I want to have your version of .gitattributes on my system and then convince git to fetch evilometer_fight.txt

I think I did that and tests now pass. I'm not totally sure how I would do it again or easier but the test did pass once. Maybe I'll go approve and merge the PR.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. Somehow I made this my PR and not yours. I am told that I can not Approve a review of my own PR. While that is not how I expected things to work based on other discussions it means someone else needs to do the deed.