Feature custom goals for goal-oriented adventuring

rlbond86

Continued from another thread, it would be nice to be able to create arbitrary goals for locations. I was thinking that there could be some sort of editor where you can create these goals, either getting certain items or experiencing certain choice adventures.

Edit by Minion, Bale:

Dear Goddess, some people have no idea how to start a thread. It's good for the first post to spell out the exact purpose of the thread, rather than just vaguely waving your hand in the direction of a thread somewhere in the vastness of the forum. I'll try to help....

Starting HERE, some of us began to discuss the possibility of customizing goals. Specifically, it would be nice if we could alter the UI to have the default goals in the drop-down box altered according to the personal preference of the individual user. rlbond86 believes that there should be some sort of editor to change these goals, I'm thinking that a series of preferences (vis-a-vis breakable equipment) would be more appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catch-22

Can you give some further example, or perhaps link back to the other thread you are talking about for those of us who are lazy? :)

Rinn

Developer
There's currently no support to adventure until you hit a certain choiceadv, only a set number of any choicadvs. I'm pretty sure there's an old feature request some where asking for that, I may have made it.

slyz

Developer
Just to clarify things, what rlbond86 and the unnamed masses want is a way for users to add their own default goals for each location, in the Adventure tab dropdown.

Currently, the default goals are stored in adventures.txt, but I guess a system closer to how CCSs are managed would be more appropriate.

I'd second this - as part of said unwashed masses, I've been "unable" to use the adventure tab and went back to the relay browser because the particular goal I wanted wasn't in the dropdown. I think? from my reading of the forum there's a way to do this via the gcli, no? and certainly I can script arbitrary behavior via ash, but I (and most folk) aren't that experienced in those, but would love a way to (say) easily choose "adventure in the haunted gallery until I level up". If there's an existing way to do it that doesn't require any code changes, please do share. My example may also be a bad one, in that leveling up may be an auto-abort condition? I'm not sure, since I've never tested it out to find out (not wanting to waste the adventures if I'm wrong).

slyz

Developer
Right. You can type in any goal that Mafia understands in that box. You will have to re-enter it whenever you change location and back, though. Hence this feature request to add and manage "default" goals for location, that stay in the drop-down.

charred

if you just want to level up, type the level you want to stop at. if youre lvl 9 and adventuring in the gallery you can type in the condition box "level 10" without quotes and mafia will stop when you reach that level

but id still love to be able to set custom conditions