Feature - Implemented crown of thrones enthronement recognition at login

Spiny

r8570

Please allow mafia to recognize enthroned familiars at login.

I have had my Grue enthroned for a few days now. Each time I maximize myst for the first time, my throne is overlooked as the better hat choice despite the 15% myst booster the Grue is giving me. Once I equip the crown and visit my terrarium, mafia then seems to recognize the crown's effect. I might be able to do the same thing by re-enthroning my familiar within the CLI but that just seems silly to me since it's already enthroned.

This appears to be an issue only if I'm not actively wearing the crown upon login, which I'm usually not. Is it possible for mafia to look at the Crown's description to check for current occupant at login?

Thanks for the consideration.

Mystia

Crown of Thrones not counted properly?

I've got an El Vibrato Megadrone (+10 ML) in my Crown of Thrones, but mafia doesn't seem to track it.

Modtrace doesn't recognize the bonus
The little thingie on the left that says "ML: +___" doesn't recognize the bonus
And the light gray numbers underneath the monster name in the relay browser doesn't realize the +10 atk/def either.

Is it just the CoT/Megadrone combo that isn't recognized, or are all the CoT effects not properly registered?

Unrelated; is there anything that recognizes Pandamonium monster levels and drop rates yet, or do I just have an old version of Mafia?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think mafia doesn't check what's in the CoT if you aren't wearing it when you log in. Putting anything in the CoT (even the same thing, with a mafia or chat command) should update it for mafia.

StDoodle

Minion
Unrelated; is there anything that recognizes Pandamonium monster levels and drop rates yet, or do I just have an old version of Mafia?

The latest daily build shows monster levels properly, but since many of the drop rates aren't spaded, it's no surprise they aren't in mafia.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think mafia doesn't check what's in the CoT if you aren't wearing it when you log in. Putting anything in the CoT (even the same thing, with a mafia or chat command) should update it for mafia.
This appears to be the case.

- when we look at the terrarium, if the familiar has a "kick out" link, you are wearing the Crown of Thrones and this familiar is in it.
--> We mark the familiar as your Enthroned Familiar
- if you are not wearing the Crown of Thrones, the enthroned familiar appears on the list, but does not have that link.
--> We mark you as having no current Enthroned Familiar (which may be false, but the Terrarium will not tell us)
- When you install or remove a familiar in your (currently worn) Crown of Thrones, we notice
--> We either set the familiar as your Enthroned Familiar or note that you have no Enthroned Familiar
- When you put on a Crown of Thrones, we do nothing special to updated your Enthroned Familiar
--> We update your current modifiers to reflect what we think is your Enthroned Familiar, which is No Familiar if we didn't see it before
- When you take off a Crown of Thrones, we do nothing special
--> We update your current modifiers to no longer consider your Enthroned Familiar.

So, basically, we need to figure out which familiar is in your Crown of Thrones when you put it on if we have not yet seen it. Note that it is possible to have a Crown of Thrones with nothing in it, so simply having "no familiar" as the Enthroned Familiar doesn't mean we haven't checked. There are a couple of ways to do this:

- Refresh the Terrarium, which will notice the familiar which now has a "kick out" link, if any
- Look at the Item Description, which will list the Current Occupant, like this:

PHP:
Current Occupant:  <b>Vibrating Grrl, the El Vibrato Megadrone</b>

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just merged the feature request "check CoT on login if you are not wearing it" and the bug report.

I actually like the first suggestion better: if KoLmafia notices a CoT in inventory when you log in and you do not have one on your head, it should look at it to see what, if anything, is in it.