Feature - Rejected Crimbo Daily Deed items

ErnieR

Thanks so much to all the mafia developers, it's a truly wonderful project!

I was hoping that the crimbo once-per-day items might show up on the built-in daily deeds panel. There are also several once-per-day items that are pre-crimbo but are probably widely owned. (I am aware that I can add custom daily deeds, but for whatever reason I can't make them grey out after use, so I much prefer the built-in deeds.)

A list of once-per-day items that I'd like to see included:
• Jackass Plumber Home Game
• All-year Sucker
• Heart of Dark Chocolate
•*Jingle Bell
• Coal Paperweight
• Resolution: Be more Adventurous
• Creepy Voodoo Doll
•*Stabonic Scroll
•*STYX deodorant body spray

edit: and if a dev was feeling particularly adventurous, the 'Interview with You' adventures from the Plastic Vampire Fangs.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Last edited:

Winterbay

Many of those are already in there if you check "use once-a-day items" under Breakfast, there's no need to add them to the daily deeds as well. Also, you could in that case build yoru own custom deed with them I think.

roippi

Developer
(I am aware that I can add custom daily deeds, but for whatever reason I can't make them grey out after use, so I much prefer the built-in deeds.)

You can make them gray out. You probably want to read this since many of those are not internally tracked by mafia.

ErnieR

Many of those are already in there if you check "use once-a-day items" under Breakfast, there's no need to add them to the daily deeds as well. Also, you could in that case build yoru own custom deed with them I think.

I've just double-checked, and the ONLY one of the things I'd listed that is already in the "once-a-day items" category is the voodoo doll - all the rest provide buffs (or healing) and therefore make far more sense as daily deeds rather than breakfast deeds. Is there a way to apply for reconsideration? Some of those items (e.g. Jackass Plumber and All-year Sucker) are owned by probably every active player in the kingdom, so it's not like they're super niche - in fact they'd probably be useful to almost every mafia user. They're certainly more common than the Outrageous Sombrero, which is currently supported. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just honestly think you got your facts wrong. So ignore the voodoo doll, check the rest of the items, and please implement the features on appeal?

I guess for now I'll follow roippi's link and try to get my custom daily deeds to work properly...

Thanks

Bale

Minion
Jackass Plumber Home Game is included in breakfast. It doesn't provide buffs or healing -- it provides items and I get those during breakfast.

ErnieR

Wrong - Trivial Avocations is included in breakfast and provides items. Jackass Plumber provides a buff - gamer rage - and is not included in breakfast.

Winterbay

I've just double-checked, and the ONLY one of the things I'd listed that is already in the "once-a-day items" category is the voodoo doll - all the rest provide buffs (or healing) and therefore make far more sense as daily deeds rather than breakfast deeds. Is there a way to apply for reconsideration? Some of those items (e.g. Jackass Plumber and All-year Sucker) are owned by probably every active player in the kingdom, so it's not like they're super niche - in fact they'd probably be useful to almost every mafia user. They're certainly more common than the Outrageous Sombrero, which is currently supported. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just honestly think you got your facts wrong. So ignore the voodoo doll, check the rest of the items, and please implement the features on appeal?

I guess for now I'll follow roippi's link and try to get my custom daily deeds to work properly...

Thanks

I stand corrected. As I have almost none of those items (and those I have I do not really care that much about) I had not checked, but thought it probable that they were there :)