Bug - Fixed CRIMBCO Food / Booze Overrated

Darzil

Developer
Mafia seems to be massively overrating the CRIMBCO Food and Booze.

eg Wiki shows 12-13 adventures from 5 drunk for the Extreme Braincracker Sour, Mafia shows +3.3 adventures per drunk. The food is marked Awesome, but that is from the extra boredom effect, not the adventure generation. (I got 17 with ode to booze, so Wiki looks right).

Braska

I hate to sound stupid here if I am wrong... but doesn't food/booze that is consumed upon purchase (Crimbo/marketplace/beach/little canada) unaffected by Ode to Booze/Milk? If I am wrong about that, disregard this comment, but if I am right, then the 17 adventures would come out to be 3.4 adv/drunkeness.

Also in mafia, with Ode to Booze active, my item manager showed the Extreme Braincracker Sour as being 4.5 adv/drunkeness. So yeah, I have no idea ><

Fluxxdog

Quality is a measure of adventures per fullness/drunkness without any extra effects factored in. A 1 adv/1 drunk (ice-cold Sir Schlitz) drink is crappy. Ode won't make it decent.

Substat gains and other effects do not determine quality. The same drink, even if it gave 500 subMoxie, would still be a crappy drink. If a consumable is marked as awesome, it "Gives more than 3 and at most 5 adventures/fullness". Hope that narrows things down ^^

xKiv

I personally verified that this Crimbo's food/booze *is* affected by both milk and ode.

Theraze

So... suppose this is not a bug then? It falls into the awesome ranking (which is set by KoL I think, not mafia), and we've had verification of consume-on-purchase being affected by milk/ode.

xKiv

FWIW, I only verified that I *lost turns* of ode/milk when drinking/eating them, but I remember getting ~17 adventures from the 5-fullness, which *is* ~4 higher than the currently wikied maximum.

Darzil

Developer
So... suppose this is not a bug then? It falls into the awesome ranking (which is set by KoL I think, not mafia), and we've had verification of consume-on-purchase being affected by milk/ode.

Buy and drink 1 CRIMBCO Extreme Braincracker Sour for 100 Meat
You gain 17 Adventures
You gain 5 Drunkenness
You spent 100 Meat
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze

Buy and drink 1 CRIMBCO Egg Substitute Nog Substitute for 75 Meat
You gain 12 Adventures
You gain 4 Drunkenness
You spent 75 Meat
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze

Mafia predicts 4.30 adventures per drunk with CRIMBCO Extreme Braincracker Sour, and 4.12 with CRIMBCO Egg Substitute Nog Substitute, so around 1 adventure less per drunk than I got (and than others have been getting). That's quite a large difference. I understand it's listed as Awesome, but doesn't Mafia usually use spaded results, which are available?

Theraze

It uses whatever's in the code. Wiki information is considered unreliable unless it's been added/spaded by someone trusted. :)