Bug crashes while minimized

I use minimize to System Tray, because I'm typically running a bot (or 3... long story). Each instance is running from its own folder, to be safe, but it seems like once a day I have to kill the process and restart them because they won't come back up (and, looking from another account, they are no longer logged in).
All three produce similar logs, here's today's.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20130107.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 102
I would assume so... I'll have to check that and get back to you.
Interestingly, 2 of them display "Logout complete" when I hover over their java icons (even though they haven't been asked to log out...) and the third just says whatever its last action was (usually something regarding buffing a player).

Catch-22

Please try updating your installation to at least the latest available Java 6 release, if not Java 7.

If you still get the issue after updating, please post a fresh debug log.

I'm not saying that the KoLmafia implementation of minimize to tray is perfect, but there are known Java bugs relating to the error message and Java version that are shown in your debug log.

Updated to Java 7 and now I get even worse behavior: It refuses to minimize to tray. I will see if I can rollback to a newer 6 instead of 7 though.

EDIT: So, it turns out it's not Java 7 that refuses to minimize, but rather 64 bit Java. Works fine with 32 bit. (minimizing, that is. Still have to see about the crashing)

Last edited:

Catch-22

So, it turns out it's not Java 7 that refuses to minimize, but rather 64 bit Java. Works fine with 32 bit.

I am having trouble testing this in Windows 8, supposedly you can minimize things to the system tray if you run them in Vista compatibility mode but that didn't really do anything for me. I'm not sure if this is what was happening to you, but I feel like it's Windows 8 on my end because a lot of things don't minimize to the system tray in Windows 8 (Skype for example).

Maybe somebody else can test this out, I do have a spare PC that still runs Vista x64 that I could possibly test it on though but it's not plugged in at the moment. Anyway, it's a separate issue to what you've reported :)

Catch-22

Bordemstirs, I noticed you've posted in the JET build thread before. Judging from your debug log and the fact you haven't mentioned that you're using the JET build, I'd guess you're not.

If you are using the JET build then your runtimes are out of date and you need to update them from here.

Nah, I use the JET build for my personal account. The clan bot runs on the jars.

Anyway, it had been going smoothly since I updated Java, but it just happened again. Different however, was that mafia restored (un-minimized) itself first, which I thought was odd, so I then minimized it. I then tried to restore it and it wouldn't come back, giving me the same debug log as before. Curiouser and curioser, the mouseover text for the failing instance was the one about needing to finish the Altar of Literacy (which the account most certainly has).