Feature - Implemented Counters for tracking wandering bees in BeeCore

lightwolf

Yeah, a bee counter is actually kind of a big deal for these runs, since being caught unprepared for one can easily see you beaten up and wasting turns. Bee's have overridden my dance card, caught me when I don't have MP too nuke the high level ones, and can eat your turns of expensive buffs in zones; all throughout the entire run.

I just checked my logs for the past few days, and it looks like all the bee's are falling between 15-20 turns. The only time i had one show up on the 21st turn was when I was doing the daily dungeon as my 20th adventure. So it looks like the bee's have a much smaller window of appearance. Would like someone to verify this.

That beeing said, also of note is that the pot of honey effect "floats like a butterfly, smells like a bee" prevents the bee's from showing up while the effect last (100 turns) though the bee will come immediately after it runs out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9330 adds a counter: "beeCounter" is the turn # you last fought a wandering bee. Therefore:

ash ( my_turncount() - get_property( "beeCounter").to_int() )

... is the number of turns since you last saw a bee.

I imagine a betweenBattleScript could use this to manipulate a counter for the charpane. If you are in BeeCore and it's been zero turns, set start and end counters to .+15 and .+20. If you have the effect, set start and end to turns remaining of the effect.

Or something like that. I'll look into making KoLmafia do those automatically - tomorrow, when I have more BeeCore turns available to test with.

In the mean time, I will split the BeeCore posts into a new feature request, since it's a new feature than the original topic...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9331 adds experiment Bee window counters to the charpane.

- Upon ascension, Bee window start = 15, Bee window end = 20 (is this correct? Or does your first bee come sooner or later? Huh. Looking at my session log, I see a moneybee on turn 5. I should probably not bother giving an initial counter, until this is spaded.)
- When you meet a bee, Bee window start is reset to 15, Bee window end is reset to 20. Note: this happens during the fight. So, it is quite possible I should set them to 16 and 21, if they get counted down after the fight.
- If you use a honeypot, I clear the bee counters. You will not encounter any until the effect wears off - and you might encounter one immediately after it does. If you always do so, the turns remaining of the effect are your counter.

I'll try this myself tomorrow, but I release this now, so others can try it out and tell me what they think.