Feature - Rejected Complicated maximizer expressions

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
In the spirit of proposing features that would be totally awesome but nontrivial to implement, I'd like to request the ability to create complicated maximizer expressions.

For instance: say I want to maximize damage from saucegeyser. I'd like to be able to type in
Code:
ceil(1 + .01 * [Spell Damage Percent]) * ((40 + floor(.35 * [Buffed Mysticality])) + [Spell Damage] + [Hot Spell Damage])
Or something like that, for starters.

Another example: Say I'm in Fernswarthy's basement and want to optimize my equips for the gauntlet test. I'd like to use
Code:
[Buffed HP Maximum] * (sqrt([Damage Absorption] * 10) - 10)

I'm not actually sure how much of modifier_eval() and the like could be re-used for these purposes. Another issue is that the regex used to separate the maximizer parts would no longer be valid in this case. Also, the use of numeric modifiers is not trivial to implement. Unless this alternate form took only exact strings (case-insensitive wouldn't be much more effort), perhaps, and was surrounded by brackets as presented -- then I suppose they could be easily located.

jasonharper

Developer
I'd like to request the ability to create complicated maximizer expressions.
Sure, no problem as long as you only want to create them, and not actually use them...

The Maximizer has to be able to limit its search to the few best items for each slot, or it would take YEARS to run with a large inventory. With an arbitrarily complicated expression, how would it even tell which were best? A quadratic or higher-degree expression can have multiple maxima, which makes it impossible to tell what the desired score for each individual slot should be.