Combat Macros

Metraxis

I felt sure this would have been addressed already. but I couldn't find it amidst all the other threads that talk about combat, macros, or both.

Is there a way to set a KoL combat macro as your combat strategy, or to call one in a CCS?

Bale

Minion
The only way to do so is to copy/paste the macro into your CCS. Then surround each line with quotes. Like this:

Code:
[ default ]
"pickpocket"
"if hascombatitem rock band flyers"
"    skill entangling noodles"
"    item rock band flyers"
"endif"
"attack"
"repeat"

[ A.M.C. gremlin ]
"if hascombatitem rock band flyers"
"    skill entangling noodles"
"    item rock band flyers"
"endif"
"if hascombatitem divine champagne popper
   item divine champagne popper
"endif"
"attack"
"repeat"

[ global prefix ]
scrollwhendone

[ barrrney's barrr ]
"pickpocket"
"if hasskill entangling noodles"
"   skill entangling noodles"
"endif"
"if hascombatitem The Big Book of Pirate Insults"
"   item The Big Book of Pirate Insults"
"endif"
"attack"
"repeat"

VinnyB

Why is calling a combat macro so difficult for mafia? This post states "there's no good way for mafia to know that the macro still exists without visiting your account page before every single fight" ... but they all show up under the Skills dropdown on the combat bar thingy...

xKiv

By "calling a combat macro" we might mean "calling a combat macro from another combat macro", which is impossible (KoL itself would have to have that functionality, and it doesn't).
You could, theoretically, break the css into parts, convert some parts in combat macros, call consult scripts without using macros, and call named native combat macros as such. That might cause some problems with how some actions are inserted by consult scripts, and would be ideologically unclean - the "proper" way is to submit everything as a single native macro, wo we are waiting for KoL to implement that (maybe, eventually).

but they all show up under the Skills dropdown on the combat bar thingy

that doesn't let you check your css's validity before starting the fight

slyz

Developer
There must be some discussion somewhere about this, from the time where Jason implemented KoL Macros in Mafia. I guess we could have something like this in a CCS:
Code:
[ default ]
try to steal an item
macro my_KoL_macro
where "macro" would work like "consult", and prevent macroification.