Combat Locket - What monsters do you lack?

I just spent some time adventuring in the Suburbs of Dis and, while the locket took snapshots of the non-boss monsters, the script didn't recognize that the locket had them. The total count of monsters in the locket didn't increase and using:
locket canadv 10
still lists the monsters as unknown to the locket.

Edit: after logging in the next day the script now recognizes all the monsters "gathered" in the Suburbs of Dis.

Last edited:
At the time I had used none of my daily uses. It was puzzling but since it "recovered" after rollover I wasn't overly concerned.

Are you sure that bodyguards will appear in your locket? Can you give me a picture of the locket dropdown that proves that this is a thing?
According to the wiki, the list of bodyguards is limited to wishable monsters, and the list of wishable monsters is limited to copyable monsters.

According to the wiki, the list of bodyguards is limited to wishable monsters, and the list of wishable monsters is limited to copyable monsters.
This whole thing has me confused. I don't have a list of body guards from the chat drop down. I started looking into this after I'd stopped doing AG runs.

Looking at mafia's monsters.txt file. All BOSSes are NOCOPY. No monster is both NOCOPY and NOWISH. 897 monsters are NOCOPY. 201 monsters are NOWISH. There are 1210 monsters which not tagged either NOCOPY or NOWISH.

Looking at my AG logs and ignoring monsters with randomized names, I've seen 823 unique monsters. All monsters I've seen 3+ times, so odds are I saw them all.

Something is odd. There are lots of wishable monsters that never showed up as bodyguards. Some are obviously weird. Like Lucky monsters, monsters from the Hole in the Sky and monsters from IotMs or Crimbo, but others I really can't explain, like black forest monsters, generic duck, ghost miner, fluffy bunny and Caliginous Abyss monsters.

Or was this a question if instead of checking locket, you can check the monsters selectable via "chat with burly bodyguard"
Sorry, I was kinda sidetracking the conversation. I think the original request can be handled by looking at the "chat" list and comparing it to the locket list. Which can be harder than you expect if one list has articles (the, a, an) and the other doesn't or could be super easy if they both have monster IDs.

Maybe I'll jump into AG this weekend?

Back