Feature - Implemented Coffee Pixie Sticks use link for plural form?

Spiny

r8506

In the relay browser, if I spend 10 game grid tickets on 1 coffee pixie stick, I get a use link next to that pixie stick at the top of my screen. If I spend 30 game grid tickets on 3 coffee pixie sticks instead, there is no use link. It would be nice if there was one for multiple use. This is a small thing that would save me a moment's typing so no biggie if it can't or won't be done.

bumcheekcity

Coffee Pixie Stick

I think it'd be great if the Coffee Pixie stick could be automatically bought by the game and possibly even the broken-skeeball machine used if you want to use one. Then it could show up in the Spleen section of the Item Management bit.

This would be particularly useful in HC/Ronin, where you're going to want to use pretty much only the CPS from the Rogue Program.

lidden

I would like mafia to add something like coffee pixie stick (4 possible, 1 current) in the item manager and have mafia get sticks for me if I have enough game grid tokens/tickets.

Bale

Minion
It makes sense to trade in tickets for pixie sticks, but it would be too much for it to actually skeeball the tokens.

Bale

Minion
Skeeballing the tokens seems like too much of an action. But sure, trade tickets. That's what they're for, after all.

Then again, I'm not really sure though if this okay outside the token trading UI...

bumcheekcity

I don't understand why. If I'm in HC/Ronin I probably want CPSs anyway, and I'll need to skeeball for them. If I'm outside Ronin then I have the option of buying Tokens, Skeeballing then trading or just buying the CPSs. Either way I want mafia to make the best decision based on the meat price of the relavent items.

Spiny

Honestly I've been using the Dragon Fist game in HCNP recently using optimal Dungeon Fist strategy. 1 token for 30 tickets with 5 turn loss. I'm not a speedster and my reagent pasta and AC drinks give me plenty of turns in addition to the coffee pixie sticks to offset the 5 turn loss. On the other hand if I'm feeling a strong need for turns and I have extra tokens, then I might use the skee ball, but I'm finding that I like the 1 token to 30 ticket conversion quite a bit at present. I also have made use of the finger cuffs (which are the bomb if you don't have noodles) and little parachute guys for emergency in-combat restoration when I have no relevant healing skills (lasagna bandages/saucy salve).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8510 does the following:

- I added the plural - "coffee pixie sticks" - to itemdescs.txt. That fixes the missing use link
- I added special knowledge to "acquire" for coffee pixie sticks: it is willing to buy them for 10 Game Grid tickets each from the Ticket Counter. It recursively calls "acquire" to get the tickets, so it will pull them from closet, storage, stash, or purchase from the mall, depending on what your preferences allow.
- The spleen section of the Item Manager will now list (9 possible, 6 current) if you have 6 coffee pixie sticks available ready made and between 30 and 39 Game Grid tickets available

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. It's up to you to decide how to get the tickets. You must do that ahead of time, via the game of your choice or the skeeball machine, unless you enable acquiring things from the clan stash or mall.

Bale

Minion
I wholehearted approve of this. I might create a skeeball alias to fill in the missing piece, but it seems appropriate that I need to tell mafia to do that.

stannius

I would like the spleen consumption interface to offer me the option to skeeball. a button on the side would be enough to satisfy this. in comparison, I skeeball more often than i flush mojo.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's a skeeball button on the coin master interface...

And no way to consume spleen items once you buy them from that interface, so I can at least understand why the request could be handy. With the CLI "skeeball #" command implemented, I think using that followed by a "use X coffee pixie stick" is probably easier than any GUI buttons.

stannius

I could certainly write a two-line script, or an alias, or whatever. But it doesn't hurt to ask for a feature to be "baked in".