Bug - Not A Bug Clownosity not calculating

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Are you really crazy enough to think this is a useful bug report? How about you list what equipment you wore so someone can at least reproduce it, and maybe to save a little trouble you could also list what you saw and what it should be.

Zen00

Yes I am crazy enough to think that it's not so difficult for someone to try MMing clownosity and see for themselves if they really cared.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes I am crazy enough to think that it's not so difficult for someone to try MMing clownosity and see for themselves if they really cared.
I maximized like this:

"4 clownosity -tie"

and it recommended

equip acc1 polka-dot bow tie (+2)
pull & equip acc2 clownskin belt (+2)

I did it again with "6 clownosity -tie" and it said the same thing with additionally

pull & equip clown wig (+2)

That looks correct to me.

So, yeah. I'm with lost. Please tell us:

- what you tried
- what you expected
- what you saw.

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
P.S. If a dev asks you for further information and you do not give the additional information, but instead, give a snarky comment, you come across as a dick, and your issue is unlikely to be addressed.

Your choice, of course; we certainly don't want to tell you how to behave.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Since Veracity was unable to reproduce the bug given your complete lack of information, I guess this is Not A Bug.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member

Perhaps you should consider that this is not happening to the people who do care and could address the problem?

It is a feature of the community culture that the word "annoy" (and variations thereof) be used with care especially when reporting reactions to KoLmafia behavior. Suggesting that something is "easy" or "not too difficult" without demonstrating that or enough knowledge to make the statement credible is approaching a similar status.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Clownosity doesn't calculate properly, nor are all clownosity items detected by the MM.
One last comment. You didn't tell us - even after we asked - what you typed in to the maximizer, what equipment you had, or what the maximizer said. If I had to guess, you simply asked for "clownosity".

The maximizer documentation - what you get when you press the "help" button - says this:

The only bitmap modifiers that currently appear useful for maximization are Clownosity and Raveosity, so they are allowed as a special case. The weight specifies the required minimum value; only one value is actually meaningful for some keywords, so 4 clownosity, 7 raveosity are the only useful forms.
You have to specify how much clownosity you want by including that number as the "weight" - and it shows you exactly what to use to get 4 clownosity.

Using just a +, or omitting the weight entirely, is equivalent to a weight of 1.
If you don't include the weight, it defaults to 1. Which is to say, if you maximize for "clownosity", you are asking for "1 clownosity". When I did this, it told me:

equip acc2 polka-dot bow tie (+1)

... which actually gives +2. I do have some +1 items lying around, but it decided to go for the +2 one - which is fine - but reported that it is +1 - which is odd, but harmless.

In any case, every test I've done indicates that clownosity is working correctly. If it is not working the way you expect it work, you need to do what we asked: tell us what you did, tell us what you expected (which was hopefully informed by the documentation), and tell us what you got.

Until then, this is correctly marked Not A Bug.