Bug - Fixed "Click here to continue in the relay browser." messing up the CLI

Ferdawoon

Was doing a quick tour via the new knob zones and trying to get my hands on the guard uniform when suddenly Mafia froze for 2-3sec and woosh, a bit of my CLI output had turned red and gave me the hand icon saying the text was clickable.
When clicking it, it open a new Web browser window in a new tab, once per time I click it.
When I saw it, I aborted and tried to find out what had happened but when I noticed it was nothing dangerous I set Mafia to continue. I switched between some tabs in Mafia and suddenly mafia seemed to freeze again. Now the text that used to be red and clickable no longer is, but now another part of the CLI output text is :eek:

Did a lil cutout of the part where it start to turn red. The part where it stop is after "Request 8 of 17 (Knob: Cobb's Knob Kitchens) in progress..." but before "[564] Cobb's Knob Kitchens"

Code:
[552] Cobb's Knob Treasury
Encounter: Knob Goblin Bean Counter
Strategy: attack with weapon
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Validating adventure sequence...
Condition set: Knob Goblin elite helm
Knob Goblin elite helm
Condition set: Knob Goblin elite pants
Knob Goblin elite helm
Knob Goblin elite pants
Condition set: Knob Goblin elite polearm
Knob Goblin elite helm
Knob Goblin elite pants
Knob Goblin elite polearm
Requests complete.

Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!

[552] Cobb's Knob Treasury
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You gain 96 Meat
You acquire an item: hill of beans
You gain 1 Strengthliness
You gain 2 Enchantedness
You gain 3 Cheek
EDIT: It would seem that the freezing of Mafia appear right before the text in the Graphical CLI tab is changed, and I am not sure I can reproduce when it happens, and which parts change and when it change back to normal text seem to not be consistent either. Just now it turned back to normal text in the middle of a combat but before the item drops were registered.
THe only part that seem consistent is that it change text already printed bright red and clickable to open a web browser window =S

Using r9052 and at first I thought it was restricted to the new knob zones, but it have appeared elsewhere as well.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
The same thing happened to me with r9053. I pressed escape while auto-adventuring, Mafia aborted and displayed the "Click here to continue in the relay browser." link correctly.

I then finished the fight manually in the Relay Browser, changed the setting I had forgotten to switch (castle farming with a "try to run away" strategy isn't optimal). Up to now, the gCLI looked normal:
Code:
Request 1 of 210 (Beanstalk: Giant's Castle) in progress...
[COLOR="#ff0000"]KoLmafia declares world peace.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
KoLmafia declares world peace.[/COLOR]

[5743] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Procrastination Giant
Strategy: try to run away
Round 0: slyz wins initiative!
[COLOR="#ff0000"]
[U]Click here to continue in the relay browser.[/U][/COLOR]

Round 1: slyz uses the seal tooth!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: procrastination giant takes 1 damage.
Round 3: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 66 Meat.
Round 3: slyz attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: procrastination giant takes 882 damage.
Round 4: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle's bells jingle merrily.
Round 4: slyz wins the fight!
After Battle: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
You gain 1555 Meat
You acquire an item: procrastination potion
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 13 Mysteriousness
You gain 13 Chutzpah

I started auto adventuring again and stopped after one adventure, and this is what the gCLI looked like at that point:
Code:
Request 1 of 210 (Beanstalk: Giant's Castle) in progress...
[COLOR="#ff0000"]KoLmafia declares world peace.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
KoLmafia declares world peace.[/COLOR]

[5743] Giant's Castle
Strategy: try to run away
[COLOR="#ff0000"]
[U]Click here to continue in the relay browser.

KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 66 Meat.
Round 3: slyz attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: procrastination giant takes 882 damage.
Round 4: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle's bells jingle merrily.
Round 4: slyz wins the fight!
After Battle: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
You gain 1555 Meat
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 13 Mysteriousness
You gain 13 Chutzpah
autoOlfact: monster goth giant
autoPutty: monster goth giant
Validating adventure sequence...
Requests complete.

autoOlfact: monster goth giant
autoPutty: monster goth giant

Request 1 of 209 (Beanstalk: Giant's Castle) in progress...

[5744] Giant's Castle
Strategy: D:\dloads\KoLMafia\ccs\castle.ccs [default]
Round 1: slyz executes a macro!
Round 2: procrastination giant takes 1 damage.
Round 2: slyz uses the seal tooth!
Round 3: slyz uses the seal tooth!
Round 4: procrastination giant takes 1 damage.[/U][/COLOR]
Round 4: slyz uses the seal tooth!
Round 5: procrastination giant takes 1 damage.
Round 5: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle's bells jingle merrily.
Round 5: Ultralord of the Hobo Jungle climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 52 Meat.
Round 5: slyz attacks!
Round 6: procrastination giant takes 889 damage.
You acquire an effect: Cunctatitis (duration: 5 Adventures)
Round 6: slyz wins the fight!
You gain 1482 Meat
You gain 6 Beefiness
You gain 21 Enchantedness
You gain 6 Cheek

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm getting this also. Every time I get a click to continue link.

I've taken to using cls frequently.

holatuwol

Developer
I think it's having issue with the fancy formatting. I'll just make the link blue once I do a little bit of event message refactoring.

catchops

I'm using 9060, and it still looks like maybe more of the gcli text is linkified than should be. It stays blue and linkified through several requests (including another "Click here to continue in the relay browser"), then recovers when I use a deodorant.

[616] Defiled Cranny
Encounter: Lunchtime
Manual control requested for choice #160

Encounter: huge ghuol

Request 6 of 10 (Cyrpt: Defiled Nook) in progress...

[623] Defiled Nook
Encounter: Pileup

Manual control requested for choice #156

Encounter: giant skeelton
Round 0: wheelsonthebus wins initiative!
...(fight continues)...
Finished using 5 hair spray.
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best score 92.0
Maximizing...
64 combinations checked, best score 5.0
Using 1 deodorant...

You acquire an effect: Fresh Scent (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 deodorant.

Darzil

Developer
It's not as simple as just this messing up CLI, I think. I just got this :

Code:
Submitting buff request 1 of 1 to IocaineBot...
Sending kmail to IocaineBot...
Buff requests complete.
02/18/11 06:06:56 AM - [COLOR="blue"]IocaineBot has played a song (The Ode to Booze) for you.
Verifying ingredients for horizontal tango (1)...
Verifying ingredients for wine spritzer (1)...
Searching for "soda water"...
Purchasing soda water (1 @ 70)...
You acquire an item: soda water
You spent 70 Meat
Purchases complete.
Creating wine spritzer (1)...
You acquire an item: wine spritzer
Successfully created wine spritzer (1)
Creating horizontal tango (1)...[/COLOR]
You acquire an item: horizontal tango
Successfully created horizontal tango (1)

Theraze

Any chance there's a 'link close' that's not being sent to the gCLI after it finishes creating it?

holatuwol

Developer
It doesn't seem likely, or else I'd have been able to reproduce the problem locally. Of course, I'm using a different JVM from most people:

Code:
java version "1.5.0_22"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_22-b03, mixed mode)
Well, I assume most people aren't using it anymore since according to Oracle, Java 1.5 reached end of life back in October 2009 (see here), and even though it seems like KoLmafia still aims to support it, Java 1.4 reached end of life back in October 2008 (see here).

Edit: Ooh, I just saw the IocaineBot message. If the CLI stops going funny after the 'click here' messages, then the IocaineBot message should be an easy fix as well (just remove all the quotes in the string, since maybe the Java parser didn't realize that the tag got closed).

Edit 2: I also forgot that KoL's event messages are all done in malformed HTML. So the latest revision should fix the IocaineBot problem, but the internal message problem still needs some additional verification.

Last edited:
new "Continue in Relay Browser" link issues.

Not sure if it was a one time incident, but upon being requested to finish my battle in the Relay Browser, the next... I'd say about 4 adventures worth of text, in the gCLI all appeared red and underlined, then it went back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bale

Minion
Not sure if it was a one time incident, but upon being requested to finish my battle in the Relay Browser, the next... I'd say about 4 adventures worth of text, in the gCLI all appeared red and underlined, then it went back to normal.

Then I suspect you are using a build between r9052 and r9056, inclusive. Is that correct?

Then I suspect you are using a build between r9052 and r9056, inclusive. Is that correct?

I -really- don't remember updating mafia -after- playing/reporting that bug (sorry 'bout the dupe, I swear I couldn't see this thread) but my current build is 9068.

Though I can't be certain. Should it happen again I'll update.

Rinn

Developer
When I click the continue link it opens the "My Documents" folder in a new explorer window instead of reloading the page in firefox. I'm on Win7 running r9070.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I had a lot of unexplained red text in r9068 this morning, in case that is relavent. I did have a battle that I had to finish in the relay browser as well.

catchops

I'm using 9060, and it still looks like maybe more of the gcli text is linkified than should be. It stays blue and linkified through several requests...

Now using 9069. I doubt this helps, but I think I was wrong about "stays blue"--the text after the original link is (now, at least) normal at first, then at some point gets redrawn as red (no more blue) linky text.

i.e. one moment:
[804] Fun House
Encounter: Adventurer, $1.99
Manual control requested for choice #151

Encounter: Lurking at the Threshold
Encounter: The Clownlord Beelzebozo...

and then:
[804] Fun House
Manual control requested for choice #151
Encounter: Lurking at the Threshold
Encounter: The Clownlord Beelzebozo
Round 3: wheelsonthebus wins the fight!
You gain 32 Meat

After Battle: Van de Graaff does a little fairy dance.
You acquire an item: clown shoes

slyz

Developer
I also had the same problem as catchops yesterday I think (with a daily build downloaded that day).

Today though, I got the "Click here to continue in the relay browser." message, and didn't click. I simply opened a new Relay Browser window from the menu, and, lo and behold, no red text appeared after the link in the gCLI.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r9078

I'm not sure a) this is the right place and b) that I am remembering the previous behavior correctly.

I auto-adventure. A choice adventure is encountered where my choice is Show in browser. I get a CLI message about it and things stop. Since I have the relay browser already open, I have to Refresh the browser and respond the the choice request. I thought the previous behavior was for mafia to automatically open a mini-browser window with the choice request in it. I would like any of the following to occur: the choice opens up in my current relay browser window; the choice opens up in a new tab in my relay browser; OR the choice opens up a mini-browser window. Whichever occurs I would somehow like my attention directed to it such as switching tabs or having the mini-browser as the focus window.

I understand the first is not desirable for folks who chat and compose messages in the relay browser while auto-adventuring. I don't multi-task that way. Are there settings already implemented for one of these choices that I have missed or is this an unexpected side effect of recent changes or should this be a new Feature Request?

Thanks.

Winterbay

When I clicked on that link in the CLI the last time it opened up a new tab in my browser of choice (FF in this case). I thus had two relay-tabs open at once and closed the most recent one after having finished what was the problem.