Bug CLI Command "Undercut" Not Working?

sleepingbearcat

Hi there! Very new user here, so please forgive me if I'm overlooking something. I read through the tutorial/guide to get a feel for how the tool works, and one of the options that caught my eye was the "undercut" command.

I'm using version r26918.

My understanding is that using "undercut" will target all items in your Store with the default price of 9999999etc. and update them with a lower price (5th lowest found in the mall). When I test it, however, nothing happens.

I've added a new item to the shop below:

Store Manager Before.JPG

Then, I use the "undercut" command:

CLI command.JPG

It appears to run. Then I "refresh" the store manager, but nothing has changed. The new item is still priced at 999,999,999.

Store Manager After.JPG

Has this feature been phased out, is it bugged, or am I using it incorrectly? Thanks so much!

Last edited:

adeyke

By default, if the lowest price for an item is mall minimum, the undercut command will leave it alone. If you don't like this and want to affect even those, you'll need to use "undercut true". This behavior is explained if you use the help command:
Code:
> help undercut

undercut [min] - price all max-priced items at or below current Mall minimum price. [List items even if the current lowest price is mall minimum.]

nelsone15

By default, if the lowest price for an item is mall minimum, the undercut command will leave it alone. If you don't like this and want to affect even those, you'll need to use "undercut true". This behavior is explained if you use the help command:
Code:
> help undercut

undercut [min] - price all max-priced items at or below current Mall minimum price. [List items even if the current lowest price is mall minimum.]
This still didn't work for me. I have a big list of things I added and neither "undercut" nor "undercut true" adjusted any of them.