Chit help

Ethelred

I use Chit and recently it stopped displaying my familiars, which had been previosly display as part of my floor brick. I've looked thru my chit preferences and can't seem to find anything to stop the familiars being displayed.

Here are my chit preferences:

chit.autoscroll=DEFAULT\:true
chit.character.avatar=DEFAULT\:true
chit.character.title=DEFAULT\:true
chit.clan.display=DEFAULT\:away
chit.clan.home=DEFAULT\:
chit.currencies=DEFAULT\:11-leaf clover|rad|hobo nickel|Freddy Kruegerand|Chroner|Beach Buck|Coinspiracy|FunFunds™|Volcoino|Wal-Mart gift certificate|BACON|buffalo dime|Source essence|cop dollar|sprinkles|Spacegate Research|Rubee™
chit.currencies.showmany=DEFAULT\:false
chit.currencies.showmany.choices=DEFAULT\:meat
chit.currencies.special=DEFAULT\:asdonmartinfuel
chit.disable=DEFAULT\:false
chit.effects.classicons=DEFAULT\:none
chit.effects.describe=DEFAULT\:true
chit.effects.layout=DEFAULT\:songs,buffs,intrinsics
chit.effects.modicons=DEFAULT\:true
chit.effects.showicons=DEFAULT\:true
chit.effects.usermap=DEFAULT\:false
chit.familiar.anti-gollywog=DEFAULT\:true
chit.familiar.hats=DEFAULT\:spangly sombrero|sugar chapeau|chef's hat|party hat
chit.familiar.hiddengear=DEFAULT\:
chit.familiar.iconize-weirdos=DEFAULT\:false
chit.familiar.off-hands=DEFAULT\:Kramco Sausage-o-Matic™|latte lovers member's mug|A Light that Never Goes Out|Half a Purse
chit.familiar.pants=DEFAULT\:spangly mariachi pants|double-ice britches|BRICKO pants|pin-stripe slacks|studded leather boxer shorts|monster pants|sugar shorts
chit.familiar.protect=DEFAULT\:false
chit.familiar.showlock=DEFAULT\:false
chit.familiar.weapons=DEFAULT\:time sword|batblade|Hodgman's whackin' stick|astral mace|Maxwell's Silver Hammer|goatskin umbrella|grassy cutlass|dreadful glove|Stick-Knife of Loathing|Work is a Four Letter Sword
chit.floor.layout=DEFAULT\:update,familiar
chit.gear.display.aftercore=DEFAULT\:favorites\:amount\=all, quest\:amount\=all, charter\:amount\=all, today\:amount\=all\:create\=false, rollover, DRUNK\:amount\=all
chit.gear.display.aftercore.defaults=DEFAULT\:create\=true, pull\=true, amount\=1
chit.gear.display.in-run=DEFAULT\:favorites\:pull\=true\:create\=true, astral, item, -combat, +combat, quest\:pull\=true\:create\=true, today, ML\:amount\=2, path, prismatic, res, resistance\:amount\=2, charter, rollover, DRUNK, Wow, exp
chit.gear.display.in-run.defaults=DEFAULT\:create\=false, pull\=false, amount\=all
chit.gear.favorites=DEFAULT\:
chit.gear.ignoreG-Lover=DEFAULT\:false
chit.gear.lattereminder=DEFAULT\:true
chit.gear.layout=DEFAULT\:default
chit.helpers.dancecard=DEFAULT\:true
chit.helpers.lucky=DEFAULT\:true
chit.helpers.semirare=DEFAULT\:true
chit.helpers.spookyraven=DEFAULT\:true
chit.helpers.wormwood=DEFAULT\:stats,spleen
chit.helpers.xiblaxian=DEFAULT\:true
chit.kol.coolimages=DEFAULT\:true
chit.notifyShenanigans.done=true
chit.quests.hide=DEFAULT\:false
chit.roof.layout=DEFAULT\:character,stats,gear
chit.stats.layout=DEFAULT\:muscle,myst,moxie|hp,mp,axel|mcd|drip|trail,florist
chit.stats.showbars=DEFAULT\:true
chit.thrall.showname=DEFAULT\:false
chit.toolbar.layout=DEFAULT\:trail,quests,modifiers,elements,organs
chit.toolbar.moods=DEFAULT\:true
chit.walls.layout=DEFAULT\:helpers,thrall,robo,vykea,effects,horsery,boombox

Have I missed something or misunderstood something? Thanks, in advance, for any help or ideas on how to get my familiars to display again.

Chit displays the stuff in your
chit.roof.layout
chit.walls.layout
chit.floor.layout

It looks like chit.floor.layout includes update,familiar
I've never seen the update brick actually do anything, so you can try removing it, in case it's the culprit.

run this in your GCLI:
set chit.floor.layout=familiar

Note that you can edit your layouts in really cool ways, if customization is your jam. Check out the github page (https://github.com/Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society/ChIT) which shows the readme at the bottom. It explains how to change your preferences if you want to change which things show up, what order they go in, and you can even tile the bricks horizontally/vertically.

Ethelred

Thanks for the response. I tried that command and it didn't change anything. Still no familiar display. I'm stumped and don't have any idea what to try next.

TQuilla

Ethelred

Thanks for the tip. Deleting the currently installed version of Chit and installing the new one via Git seems to have done the trick. Familiars are again showing up in the floor brick.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've seen people talking about CHIT / chit and never gleaned a clue what it was. My searching didn't help. It looks really interesting.