New Content checkconsumption broke with the Well-Tempered stuff moving to Coldfront

> checkconsumption

Checking consumption data...
Connecting to Well-Tempered Epicure...
Failed to parse XML document from "http://epicure.bewarethefgc.com/export_data.php"
Connecting to Well-Tempered Mixologist...
Consumption data checked.

r14994.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
First I heard that the data moved. Since all "server-side changes" are, by definition, New Content, I'm changing the tag.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 14998 fetches epicure, mixologist, and anvil from Coldfront.
However, the commands still don't work well; there are fatal XML errors in the Epicure and the Anvil:

[Fatal Error] export_data.php:6696:22: The entity "eacute" was referenced, but not declared.
[Fatal Error] export_data.php:37704:19: The entity "acirc" was referenced, but not declared.

The first is the fettucini épines Inconnu
The second, I assume, is the papier-mâchaeranthera

There are also a variety of things like the following:

# Unknown booze:
# alewifeandtrade; ale 1 5 1-3 0 0 0

And lastly, the output file is all lower-cased. We don't do that any more in inebriety.txt.

So, yeah - I fixed the issue you reported, but checkconsumption and checkpulverization are still pretty obsolete.

I don't have the time to make them work again - especially since it will require coordinating with Gemelli and Coldfront to fix the data export. Not that I don't expect we could do that, but it makes this more than a solo job.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, looking at your initial report, I see nothing to indicate that it failed because it didn't find the data on Gemelli's site. It looks like Gemelli's site automatically redirects to Coldfront and when it followed the redirect and fetched the data from there, the XML parse failed because of an error - just as I observed.