New Content - Implemented Chateau Mantegna - January 2015 IotM

Magus_Prime

The Alpine Watercolor Kit seems to function in a fashion similar to the FAX machine. I used all my spooky putty and rain-doh black box copies and then used the alpine watercolor kit against a monster. The frame in the chateau was filled with an image of the copied monster.

Using the watercolor kit against a monster consumes the kit.

Clicking on the framed monster started a combat with that monster. Clicking on the frame again yielded the message "You've already thought about that monster a lot today." Presumably I'll be able to fight it again tomorrow.

Purchasing and using a second watercolor kit replaced the image in the frame but did not allow a second combat.

Last edited:

xKiv

Well, I'm just hoping for KoLmafia to tell me if the Chateau is available. If it is, then UR will always refer the resting there because the campground buffs are very minor and MP recovery is king.

Campground rest with well-fed pantsgiving equipped gives more, unless pantsgiving is supposed to trigger in the chateau (it didn't when I tried it yesterday).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Campground rest with well-fed pantsgiving equipped gives more, unless pantsgiving is supposed to trigger in the chateau (it didn't when I tried it yesterday).
I'm wearing Pantsgiving and have fullness of 16.

You lie back on a stack of pillows in the luxurious four-poster bed and relax for a while.
You gain 145 Muscularity Points.

The snakelike coils of the muscle stimulator on your nightstand give you a little bit of extra juice.
You gain 110 Strengthliness.
No special message.

Perhaps this is an oversight, much as not removing Beaten UP was. I'll report it and see what they say.

Edit: bug report submitted:

I am wearing Pantsgiving and have a fullness of 16. If I rest in my house, I gain extra HP & MP - and it gives me a message saying "You don't even have to take off your pants, they're so comfortable!"

If I rest in my bed at the Chateau, I do NOT get such a message.

Considering that Pantsgiving "improves resting", and using the bed is "resting", it seems to me that they should work in the Chateau, as well.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I dislike to nag, but I really, really, really need a preference or function that tells me if the Chateau is available. I'm sorry for that.

If I missed this being added to mafia already, then I apologize, but please tell me about it.

If this is harder or trickier than I expect, then apologize for my impatience once again. I know I'm asking some of your limited time.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Thank you very much! That makes me very happy!

It also makes me feel extra sheepish for having jumped the gun by such a narrow margin. Sorry.

PS. Does anyone know if there is decent spading on recovery from resting there? Is it based on level?

Bale

Minion
It looked to me that lost's previous commit (r15115) has a part intended to make resting in the Chateau count against available free rests. If I was correct then there is a problem because it is not incrementing timesRested when I rest there. I think I even know what the bug is. This part in ChateauRequest:

Code:
		if ( urlString.contains( "action=chateau_restlabel" ) )
		{
			Preferences.increment( "timesRested" );
		}

I believe the correct URL string for a free rest is "action=chateau_restbox"

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The URL I had it checking was correct when I checked it before. I now see the URL you listed, and another one available at the same time for some reason, but checking for "action=chateau_rest" works for all of them. 15118.

Bale

Minion
Actually it might be that both work? This is weird. I have verified both links as being links that successfully use up free rests to gain MP.

Fluxxdog

Code:
Looking at item #8020...
Unknown item found: Choco-Mint patty (8020, 561293201)
--------------------
8020 Choco-Mint patty 561293201 mintpatty.gif food t,d 5
Choco-Mint patty 1 1 good 0 0 0 0
Choco-Mint patty Effect: "Alpine Mintiness", Effect Duration: 25
--------------------

Fluxxdog

Request: Can we get a reminder to change up the room before ascending? It'd be nice to swap out the nightstand for something else if you're changing primestat.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Buying Chateau furnishing doesn't show effects until refresh

I just bought an Artificial Skylight in the Chateau in the Relay Browser.
My green sidepane did not show in increase in Rollover advs.
"modtrace adv" does not show the effect.
When I do "Refresh Session", now it shows up in those places.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15184 should recalculate modifiers when you change things in the Chateau. So, if you get a ceiling fan, Free Rests should go up, and if you get a skylight, rollover adventures should go up.

I'll test tomorrow, when I will do both of those things: one at the beginning of the day, and one at the end of the day.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Request: Can we get a reminder to change up the room before ascending? It'd be nice to swap out the nightstand for something else if you're changing primestat.
And it would nice (for me) to swap the skylight for a ceiling fan, in order to start off with more free rests.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15184 should recalculate modifiers when you change things in the Chateau.
Actually, only when you visit the chateau after doing your transaction in the gift shop.

Hmm. I see no special handling for whichshop=chateau, and the items you buy don't actually go in to inventory, so ResultProcessor doesn't kick in.

This will take more work. Which I am doing right now.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, the part where 1 item from the shop gets added to inventory while the rest don't makes it weird. I'm pretty sure mafia thinks all the items are added to inventory currently.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15186 tweaks a bunch of Chateau stuff, but still doesn't handle changing room decorations correctly. It correctly logs that you are purchasing one - but when you do so, it still says "You acquire an item" - and it goes in to inventory - but the adjustments from it don't happen.

You don't actually "acquire" room decorations - and when you buy one, the previous one in that slot is removed. We don't handle those correctly yet. I'll play with this tomorrow. I've spent enough Meat in-run on experimentation today. Tomorrow, it will have a purpose, rather than just be experimentation. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, what the heck. What's 2,850 Meat?

Revision 15187 does not put Chateau room furnishings into inventory when the shop says you "acquire" them. Instead, it adds them to the list of Chateau furnishings and removes any other items that it might have replaced and then updates modifiers. I also refactored the painting to be handled by GenericRequest.checkItemRedirection, which is how we handle every other "item" which redirects to a fight.

The only things I can think of that we don't yet have:

- a daily preference for using the desk item. The juice bar is "action=chateau_desk2". Is the Piggy Bank chateau_desk1?
- a Daily Deed to use whichever is currently installed. I also added a ChateauRequest( String action ), so it would easy to mke the request
- an ascension reminder that lists your current furnishings and offers you a link to the gift shop to change them, if desired.

Anything else?