Bug - Fixed Chat entries from non /pvp chats are being posted in my /pvp tab.

Farchyld

Hi all. Long time mafia user, but this one has been bothering me. I went through all of the chat options with Alhifar, but we were unable to fix it. I run off of daily build which I update almost weekly. Currently I'm on KoL Mafia-11818.

I run the KoL Mafia tabbed chat, non browser. Across I have /newbie, /clan, /pvp, [events]. It doesn't seem to matter how many I have open, but the constant is that random lines will go into /pvp. Others cannot see this, so I think it's just a display issue on my end. Here's an example.

[10:30] HMC Radio: blaisenwolf just pounded trotskie!

[10:31] HMC Radio: Abarth just defeated Mme_Defarge!
[clan] superhumancc: ok, another 20min Of chat time
[10:31] HMC Radio: blaisenwolf just pounded RotiniPants!
[clan] superhumancc: yay!

That was taken out of my /pvp tab.

Same with this

[09:19] Dotts: But never let people live down keyboard cleanings on the Internet.
[09:19] hinch: Forgiveness is a weakness, like love or being ginger.

[09:20] HMC Radio: psycho_stress just pounded Mme_Defarge!
Spellcaster9301 (private): Direct me? :D

In this one, private messages from me are being put into /pvp. Again, not all. Just... random entries. I'm not sure why and was wondering if someone can shed some light. There was a debug report for today so I'll attach that as well.View attachment DEBUG_20130128.txt

If anyone can shed light on this and figure out why it acts this way I'd be very pleased.

Thanks!!

-Far

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have reproduced this. It happens when:

- Multiple messages come back in a single poll using the lchat protocol (which is what the GUI uses.)
- The Huggler Radio said something just before a non-Huggler message.

Here is my sample response:

Code:
Snarkypants just conquered AlteredState!<br /><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=1764512"><font color=blue><b>Tebryn (private):</b></font></a> <font color="blue">x</font><br><!--lastseen:1387602715-->
I should be able to fix this - especially with the "test chat" command and that responseText.