Bug - Fixed Charpane refreshes too frequently when gCLI is present in right frame.

nworbetan

I'm using r9762, and my charpane appears to be refreshing itself every few seconds, even though neither myself nor mafia is doing any adventuring or item using or anything else that normally might cause the charpane to refresh.

Fiddling with a couple preferences leads me to suspect that the gCLI in the right-most frame is causing it:
Turning on "Integrate chat and relay browser gCLI interfaces" = excessive refreshing.
Turning on "Add command-line interface to right side panel" = behaves normally if you select "Enter the Chat" in the right panel, but charpane refreshes when you choose "Kolmafia gCLI".

palpitations

I'm having the same bug, also in 9762 (edit: 9758 seems to be the build that introduced it... built it from SVN and have the problem, while 9757 from the builds page is fine)

EDIT: Removed speculation now that I've had a chance to test 9758.

Last edited:

palpitations

Just guessing, but the change in 9758 seems more likely to be the cause than 9759.

You'd be correct. I've changed my post to reflect that, now that I've had a chance to build 9758 from SVN and verify the problem existed earlier.

EDIT: Building 9762 with the changes to basics.js in 9758 reverted seems to work (at least, it doesn't cause this refresh issue - I haven't done any testing beyond that.)

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

I am curious. I always play with the gCLI running in the chat pane. What I don't know is if these constant page refreshes only act locally on my computer or am I actually hammering the KoL servers with these constant requests ?

pthalo

I was having the same problem in 9765 (until I downgraded to 9742) though I'm not sure if I had the gCLI open in the right pane or not -- i do have that option selected, but rarely use it.

holatuwol

Developer
I am curious. I always play with the gCLI running in the chat pane. What I don't know is if these constant page refreshes only act locally on my computer or am I actually hammering the KoL servers with these constant requests ?
It's hammering the KoL servers like a shorebot, I'll figure something out.

AlbinoRhino

It's hammering the KoL servers like a shorebot, I'll figure something out.

I don't know how to "build" things as the posters above were talking about. However, I downloaded a copy of r9757 and extracted the copy of basics.js from it and used it to replace the copy from the newer revisions and that seemed to stop the constant refreshing.