Character Info Toolbox

xKiv

And here I thought mafia already tracks medium trance. But I see it's only number of siphons done today ...

roippi

Developer
Awkwardly, the .image field used to be a static thing based off a familiar.php hit at login, but I made it always update every time we see it since that's a thing with the happy medium. Now this...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Familiar image is given in api, unaffected by the snow suit. Taking advantage of that (by loading api.php instead of charpane.php all the time) would mean some significant changes to mafia, I think.

slyz

Developer
I spend a long time hitting api.php instead of charpane.php, and I didn't notice any issue. I was too lazy to actually check what we parsed from charpanpe.php that we didn't parse from api.php :)

Theraze

Veracity listed it out... there were still 2 or 3 things she had FReqs with the KoL devs waiting before moving from charpane to api. Might be included now, might not.

Edit: Nevermind... that had been a FReq for over a year but did finally get implemented by them in Feb 2012 and then mafia moved to use it in most places, per 10672. So it might already be that way...

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I spend a long time hitting api.php instead of charpane.php, and I didn't notice any issue. I was too lazy to actually check what we parsed from charpanpe.php that we didn't parse from api.php :)

I thought the biggest need for charpane.php was for relay browser use, as a starting point for the page to decorate for actually displaying (and after loading charpane.php, it doesn't make sense to also load api.php). I expect it could be recreated from api.php, but that sounds like a non-trivial task. That isn't based on looking at any code though.

roippi

Developer
We update familiar image from both api.php and charpane.php whenever we see them.

The fix is to just ignore updates to image when it's the snowsuit image. I'll get around to it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If all of your adventuring is in the relay browser, you're still going to miss the change in happy medium image in that case, so I don't know that it would help much.

xKiv

Oh, one thing - snow suit is missing from generic familiar equipment.

As for happy medium + snow suit ...
Right now (after charpane refresh), $familiar[].image (with snow suit and carrot) shows snowsuit3.gif, while CHIT's charpane shows empty ($familiar[].charge is 3, which corresponds to red aura, that's OK), _mediumSiphons is 0 (none siphoned today, OK).
After refresh in mafia: .image is medium_3.gif (refreshed from different place).
api.php has familiarpic:medium_3.gif and nothing that would indicate form of snow suit. Form might be useful to track in mafia, because carrot nose is apparently +10% items (and can drop up to 3 carrots, which is probably another thing mafia to FReq for mafia to track?). (other suit forms are not as interesting to me, but should probably be tracked too - goatee has HP restore, hat has MP restore; in-combat damage is probably interesting to various combat scripts).

Should I make a thread to request tracking of snow suite form?

We update familiar image from both api.php and charpane.php whenever we see them.

The fix is to just ignore updates to image when it's the snowsuit image. I'll get around to it.

Not perfect, I can make the snow suit sticky and then change familiar; then mafia would think that the new familiar's image is the same as the old familair's. Until refresh from api.php (or the big charsheet, which has non-suited image).
That probably means, if the image is any snowsuit, use image from familiars.txt instead, except for familiar with dynamic image (happy medium would be 'medium_' + charge + '.gif', I think).
Stupid complicated game.

slyz

Developer
Oh, one thing - snow suit is missing from generic familiar equipment.
It is marked as "generic" (any familiar can use it), but I didn't add it to the list of equipments Mafia equips on empty familiars on purpose.

I'll see if I can add some logic to add it to the list once it is melted.

xKiv

It is marked as "generic" (any familiar can use it), but I didn't add it to the list of equipments Mafia equips on empty familiars on purpose.

I didn't mean in mafia. I meant in CHIT.

No? That's not how things work.
So .. how is mafia getting the current familiar image when familiar changes (and snow suit is equipped)?
:confused:

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
So .. how is mafia getting the current familiar image when familiar changes (and snow suit is equipped)?

It is not getting the current image from charpane. The recent change to KoLmafia for familiar image merely stops the image from being updated if the snow suit is equipped. If the image is not available it will use the default familiar image which is included in mafia's data file.

When you do a refresh, mafia reads the API and draws the familiar image from that source. It's a bit too load heavy to do that after every adventure.

Last edited:

Winterbay

The API does show the current familiar image sans snow suit and the charpane shows it with the snowsuit. So now when you have the snowsuit on the .image-field is only updating from the api. At least that's how I've interpreted things.

xKiv

So if I change familiar to one with snow suit on it, $familiar[...].image will be what it was before I put the snow suit on it? Or what is in familiars.txt?
(also not sure what would happen if I log in and a familiar in terrarium has snow suit on)

Anyway ... is the happy medium the only one that is complicated? All other familiars are safe? So the simplest "fix" is "don't put snow suit on happy medium"?