Feature Change order of custom fight buttons on fight pages

I have the preference marked for "Add custom buttons to the top of fight pages." I use the relay browser all the time, so this is really nice. Something seems to have changed, though. Has the maximum number of buttons been increased? I ask because sometimes the skill I want to use -- the last combat skill I used -- is stuck over at the far right, about 2 inches past what's viewable in my middle pane. Meanwhile, a skill I used a long time ago is still visible (without scrolling).
It seems the skill buttons are updated by adding the last-used combat skill to the far right edge. To me, this seems backward. Why would I want to make the oldest ones more convenient? I would rather have the last-used skill added next to the the "Script" button. Can this updating be reversed, so that the oldest skills "age off" by moving to the right, with the most recently used skill appearing in the leftmost position of that group (to the right of "Script" button)?

There have been times when these buttons don't seem to update at all. Is there any way I can gain control of them? At the very least, clear them out? I've looked through the KoLmafia folders on my computer and searched these forums; I just can't seem to find anything. Thank you!

Bale

Minion
Actually, I believe the preferences are stationaryButton1, stationaryButton2...

Also, I think the total number of buttons is relaySkillButtonCount

StDoodle

Minion
Is there a way to set one of those buttons to use whatever item(s) is|are currently selected? Without complicated regex-fu to parse the page text, at least?