Feature - Implemented canticle of carbloading in daily deeds

roippi

Developer
Mafia should probably have a _canticleCast user preference.

With that, you can easily add this yourself once custom deeds get implemented.

$CUSTOM:|skill|it's carbo time|_canticleCast|canticarbo

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
In other words, roippi is already working hard to implement this feature. Wash your neck and wait for it. ;)

roippi

Developer
r9633 adds a _carboLoaded preference. Untested.

With the above line that I posted (using _carboLoaded instead of _canticleCast), you should be able to add carboloading to daily deeds yourself. If you need help, see the support thread down in community support.

on the off chance someone searches in here for something similar, here's the solution:

add the following to the list of daily deeds in the GLOBAL_prefs.txt in the /settings folder of mafia while mafia is NOT open (or else mafia will overwrite your changes)

$CUSTOM|Skill|Get CarboLoaded|_carboLoaded|Canticle of Carboloading

it will show in your daily deeds based on where in the comma delimted list you place the $CUSTOM definition.

roippi

Developer
you can also use the gui builder in preferences > daily deeds.

Or just
Code:
ashq String oldString = get_property( "dailyDeedsOptions" ); String newDeed = "$CUSTOM|Skill|Get CarboLoaded|_carboLoaded|Canticle of Carboloading"; set_property( "dailyDeedsOptions", oldString + "," + newDeed);

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There are other reasons - stunts, mainly - that people want to build up carboloading, rather than going after the trophy. If I recall, for example, blisterguy got a thousand turns or so on the first day of the brushfire event because he'd been carboloading for months.

Can't say I ever carboload - perhaps because I can't remember the last time I was a post-Nemesis Pastamancer - so I have no experience/opinion on how intrusive the warning is and how I'd prefer it to behave.

roippi

Developer
Code:
        // If carboLoading is 0, it doesn't matter what you eat.
        // If it's 1, this might be normal aftercore eating.
        // If it's 10, the character will qualify for the trophy
        int carboLoading = Preferences.getInteger( "carboLoading" );
        if ( carboLoading <= 1 || carboLoading >= 10 )
        {
            return true;
        }

It won't nag until you have 2 casts of carboloading, so I'm not sure this is a huge issue. Maybe it could be 4 or 5 minimum, I don't know.