Bug - Fixed CAB detection just broke! (I wish this had happened yesterday!)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In theory, revision 9002 does the following:

- Detects Hardcore, Bad Moon, and any Pathed run
- Detects when you drop any of the above
- Detects when you change any option we care about.

I'd appreciate it if Hardcore, Bad Moon, or Pathed characters could verify that 9002 detects their state correctly now. I don't expect you to test dropping your state just to test it for me. :)

Edit: I still would like to see the page that offers the chance to Recall your skills in Bad Moon - and I wouldn't mind seeing the submitted request and response for doing so.

Winterbay

9001 already detected my Hardcore status. I cannot however be sure that it did so before I visited the account page though because I forgot to check before I had already done that.

Edit: Fresh compile, first login - detects Hardcore perfectly.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
I'm talking to someone who's about to fight the shadow in BM, so will update soon with his debug log from visiting said page.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I want to see the actual option being submitted, too, please. I.e., checking the checkboxes and pressing the button and getting the response. Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes... as long as you don't turn on the debug log, visit the page, and turn off the debug log. I.e., collect JUST the page visit. I want to see the URL being submitted because Javascript runs and munges things before finishing the submit on that new page. I want to see how things with a "confirm" box get submitted from the new menu.

Landar

Was working with StDoodle today to get this log to everyone.

Just finished a BM SC run and he had the good timing to ask just as I was prepping to fight the shadow. ;)

Enclosed is a debug log I captured while I was recalling all of my skills.

What happens in this log is that I am in the account menu on the interface tab. I click on the account tab, where the recall button is. I click on the check box, then uncheck the check box. Then the recall button is pressed to generate a failure message. Then I check the box and recall skills properly.

Hope this is helpful,

~Landar

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110204.txt
    67.6 KB · Views: 28

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yikes. This will require a fair amount of change to deal with.
Yes, that is helpful. Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Basically, here is what I gleaned from that debug log:

Recalling skills without checking the checkbox submits:

account.php?actions[]=recallskills&action=Recall+Skills&tab=account&pwd

(and every other actions[] on that page) and gives a message:

You must confirm the confirmation box.

Recalling skills with the checkbox checked submits:

account.php?actions[]=recallskills&action=Recall+Skills&recallconfirm=1&tab=account&&pwd

(and every other actions[] on that page) and gives a message:

Your ancient memories return in a flood! You feel more skilled! You remember some old familiar familiars!

I assume that Dropping Bad Moon, Dropping Hardcore, Dropping Ronin (i.e., going from Softcore to Casual), and dropping a Path all behave the same way: the "action" is button text, url_encoded, and the confirm checkbox appears as a separate field in the url when submitted.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9008 attempts to detect any of the following (and give a custom message in the debug log when you do it):

Forsaking Ronin (dropping from softcore into casual)
Dropping Hardcore
Dropping a Path
Dropping Bad Moon
Recalling Skills

Next time somebody does any of those, turn on debug logging first, do it, and look in your session log and tell me what you see. Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Matt Chugg has tested dropping boozer, dropping hardcore, and dropping ronin. Unless I hear otherwise, I assume the others will work just as well, and I am declaring this fixed.

Xenthes

I have two characters in HCO and mafia is still showing 15/14/15 available for food/booze/spleen consumption.
I am currently running build 9021.
Is there something I am missing or do you want some more info?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I was going to report this also, but 9022 seems to have fixed it. At least, doing "refresh all" I see that mafia detects, forgets, and then redetects oxy now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ooooooh... I see the problem.

Visiting the account page will bust it for you. We don't need to visit the account page to get your path any more, but I need to fix that. It should not "detect forget and redetect".

Revision 9023.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Ooooooh... I see the problem.

Visiting the account menu will bust it for you. We don't need to visit the account menu to get your path any more, but I need to fix that.

Wait, the new check goes first, works, then the old check fires, doesn't work, and resets the character info incorrectly? Bah, I hate those kinds of bugs... I never manage to find them quickly, I usually spend lots of time staring at the new code going "but that should work, damnit!" :p

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'll spin 14.4.1 (will that work?) once this is resolved. Maybe hola will have time to look at it before I do. ;)

Someone in /clan just asked me why 14.4 was having problems, which reminded me that there was a plan to put out a new build that will tell people they need to get a new version.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Do we have any other changes that are in transition? Are we (temporarily) stable? Or are there open issues with recently added features that we need to shake out?