Bug - Not A Bug Burning mana on songs obtained from ittah bittah hookah can lost current songs

Yvain

When adventuring with 3 songs and you gain one from a hookah (that you know) and have mana burning turned on Mafia will increase the number of turns of that buff which can result in one of two undesired things:
* you lose all the turns of the 4th (recently gained song) and hence just waste mana if the mana burning gives you less turns of the new song than your original songs
* you gain more turns of the new song and lose one of your original songs.

Suggested fix: Don't rebuff songs with 6 or less turns if you have more songs than you legally should.

Here is some parts from a log where I started with a 1000+ turns of phat loot, a few hundred (200 to 300) turns of cantana and polka. I ended it with 1000ish in phat loot, moxious and magical mojo (songs I happen to be able to cast).

[3189] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Goth Giant
Round 0: yvain wins initiative!
Round 1: Honkey Mobo takes a pull on the hookah, and immediately goes into a coughing fit, blowing a cloud of smoke in your face. Since this is magic smoke, instead of giving you cancer (or, perhaps in addition to giving you cancer), it gives you an effect:
You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 6 Adventures)
Round 1: yvain executes a macro!
Round 1: yvain uses the spices!
Round 2: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 2: yvain uses the spices!
Round 3: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 3: Honkey Mobo climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 69 Meat.
Round 3: yvain uses the spices!
Round 4: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 4: yvain uses the spices!
Round 5: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 5: yvain uses the spices!
Round 6: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 6: yvain uses the spices!
Round 7: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 7: yvain uses the spices!
Round 8: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 8: yvain uses the spices!
Round 9: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 9: yvain uses the spices!
Round 10: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 10: yvain uses the spices!
Round 11: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 11: yvain attacks!
Round 12: goth giant takes 886 damage.
Round 12: yvain wins the fight!
After Battle: Honkey Mobo sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
You gain 1030 Meat
You acquire an item: thin black candle
You acquire an item: Warm Subject gift certificate
You gain 18 Muscleboundness
You gain 9 Mysteriousness
You gain 9 Roguishness

cast 32 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 320 Adventures)

[3270] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Goth Giant
Round 0: yvain wins initiative!
Round 1: Honkey Mobo takes a pull on the hookah, and immediately goes into a coughing fit, blowing a cloud of smoke in your face. Since this is magic smoke, instead of giving you cancer (or, perhaps in addition to giving you cancer), it gives you an effect:
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 6 Adventures)
Round 1: yvain executes a macro!
Round 1: yvain uses the spices!
Round 2: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 2: yvain uses the spices!
Round 3: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 3: yvain uses the spices!
Round 4: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 4: Honkey Mobo climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 69 Meat.
Round 4: yvain uses the spices!
Round 5: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 5: yvain uses the spices!
Round 6: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 6: yvain uses the spices!
Round 7: goth giant takes 1 damage.
You lose 3 hit points
Round 7: yvain uses the spices!
Round 8: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 8: yvain uses the spices!
Round 9: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 9: yvain uses the spices!
Round 10: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 10: yvain uses the spices!
Round 11: goth giant takes 1 damage.
Round 11: yvain attacks!
Round 12: goth giant takes 542 damage.
Round 12: yvain wins the fight!
After Battle: Honkey Mobo sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
You gain 750 Meat
You acquire an item: thin black candle
You acquire an item: Warm Subject gift certificate
You acquire an item: awful poetry journal
You gain 25 Beefiness
You gain 4 Enchantedness
You gain 8 Sarcasm

cast 46 The Moxious Madrigal
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 460 Adventures)

I don't understand this problem. When you get more songs you can buff them all up as high as you want. You only lose excess songs when you change a piece of equipment (doesn't have to be the hookah). So even if the mp burner was switching gear to reduce MP cost, it'd immediately lose the excess songs and no longer have the new song to buff. So what's the problem? That you are generating MP slowly enough that your desired buffs are running below 6 turns when the hookah and mp burning trigger, and burning changes your equipment?

Yvain

Someone mark this as not a bug as there are some solutions to it.

I'll download it and give it a look.

I'm guessing you have "Cast buffs not defined in moods during buff balancing" checked?

Ah thats an easy fix. Thanks slyz.

I don't understand this problem. When you get more songs you can buff them all up as high as you want. You only lose excess songs when you change a piece of equipment (doesn't have to be the hookah). So even if the mp burner was switching gear to reduce MP cost, it'd immediately lose the excess songs and no longer have the new song to buff. So what's the problem? That you are generating MP slowly enough that your desired buffs are running below 6 turns when the hookah and mp burning trigger, and burning changes your equipment?

I didn't have "change equipment" set so I wasn't losing the ittah bittah song before it was increased but something was causing me to lose my other song which then had less turns. I probably need to try to reproduce it and see why/when I'm losing the song if I shouldn't lose a song until I change eq as I can't tell when from the log.