bumMine.ash - Quickly Mine the Crimbo Area!

Well yeah... v0.5 only mines gems as requested by some people (like me!), since gems give 100 credits or 200 credits for supersuckers. If you also want ingots, download v0.4.

stannius

Would it be more efficient to only mine the sparkly squares you can reach without mining any blank squares? (assuming there are some)

slyz

Developer
That's what v0.5 does. You should probably wear the simple Mining outfit for that to work though, the Dwarvish outfit will probably make the script try to dig in squares it can't reach.

Killernoj

Gems Vs. Ingots

Well yeah... v0.5 only mines gems as requested by some people (like me!), since gems give 100 credits or 200 credits for supersuckers. If you also want ingots, download v0.4.

Just doesn't make farming sense outside of using them / suckers for credits. 13 x ~7500 = 97500; 97500 / 90 = 1083.33 Per adventure. This ='s not worth it for farming purposes.

slyz

Developer
Yesterday I found a total of 139 gems in 351 adventures. I sold all the gems at 8.5k, so that gave me 3366 meat per adventure. Not that great when comparing to other methods, but still good (and very good since there was almost no setup/thinking involved).

Thanks again BCC!

Zeferis

Will it be possible to have a version that attempts to mine both ingots and gems and disregards fossils? Seeing as how gems are in high demand now and ingots will be scarce in the future while fossils have nearly no use. Thanks for the work so far!

Zeferis

Ah sorry, I meant if the behavior of the 0.4 script could be changed to trying to mine for 12 ingots and 3 gems, rather than trying to mine for 12 ingots and 1 fossil. Not that the script attempts to avoid fossils altogether

slyz

Developer
whoa whoa whoa... 3366 meat/adventure isnt great?
Comparing to other farming opportunities we have had over the last couple of weeks, not compared to meatfarming the Castle :)

But yeah, 3k+ meat per adv was actually about the same as farming fudgecules with a full weight mimic, one bindle crit and candyblast. So it did compare rather well to other methods.

zarqon

Since Gummi Mine is evidently not yet a known location, people running UR and this script may have a problem where UR wastes considerable resources restoring HP. However, you can trick UR by adding the following line to the top of main():

Code:
   set_location($location[Itznotyerzitz Mine]);

After I added that line, UR happily believed I was mining and didn't waste resources restoring more than 1 HP.

Winterbay

I set my restoration settings to restore at 0% and restore to 5% which worked quite nicely as well (especially together with some HP restoring gear which meant I never really ended up at 0%).