bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

tcluny

For completeness sake:
> ash get_property("flyeredML")

Returned: 2170

That was a mafia bug that capped monster attack/defense at 300 even if their base value was much higher. Fixed in 12336.

Looks like the solution.

These SVN updates are flying off the shelves! Thanks to all of you for creating/maintaining such a great script and also for maintaining such a great tool!

Gawea

Just wanted to point out that when in BIG! the script keeps adventuring at a tower monster when you don't have the item needed, instead of aborting. Maybe it doesn't recognize the runaway?

Morphine- I don't have boots myself, but maybe it was WHAM that made the pastes, not BCA? Just a guess.

Minor bug- I think there's no checkpoint (or whatever the proper term is) for the ore/cheese part of the trapz0r. Doing it manually (clover/pull) causes the script to hunt mining gear.

Theral

Okay. I'm a bit new to Mafia and a bit overwhelmed trying to figure this out. I had trouble installing the script with the link in the CLI - it just said
Unable to invoke https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend
Anytime I tried. After that I downloaded it manually following the link and put it into the scripts folder. (I'm assuming that would work for installing it) I then went up to the scripts dropdown and selected bumcheekascend.ash. And in reply I got:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Bad location value: "The Noob Cave" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 1171)

I'm trying to figure this out but like I said, bit overwhelmed and I can't seem to sort anything properly in my head digging through the mafiawiki. I tried digging through the thread but at over 300 pages that was a little daunting. I'm sure what I'm missing is something painfully obvious - if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. In the meantime I'm going back to trying to figure this out.

Winterbay

Was wondering why it stopped making pastes using the Stomping Pair of Boots, was there an update that modified it?

It has never done that, but if you have the familiar active WHAM and all other BatBrain powered scripts will stomp for you. If the familiar gets chosen and it doesn't stompyou are either in a myst run without setting the script to use your CCS (the built in version does not stomp) or something else is up. Post some excerpts from the combat log.

Drkirre

Started KoL back up for first time in a year, figured I'd go exploring with this again, and I found... well, it SEEMS to be a bug! A snippet of log:
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 53 base Primestat
BCC: Maximizing ''
Putting on outfit: bumcheekascend
You are already wearing "bumcheekascend."
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 187 / 0 / 0
I need 53 base muscle (going levelling)
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Using a default stat familiar.
Mood swing complete.

Request 1 of 51 (Manor1: The Haunted Pantry) in progress...

[216] The Haunted Pantry
Encounter: overdone flame-broiled meat blob
Strategy: C:\Users\Kirre\Downloads\KOLMafia\ccs\default.ccs

Why on earth is it taking me to the PANTRY to level up? Isn't this pretty much the worst area in the game? Or did I break a setting//miss something during my time away?

Winterbay

Well... My guess is that you are in a BIG! run during which almost all areas are the same. If you are not then something is indeed fishy. Unless you have trouble surviving fights I suggest setting ignoreSafeMoxie to true which will avoid most levelling.

Winterbay

SOme more information then:
What level are you and what are your settings regarding safe moxie and levelling set to in the relay script?

For BIG, it seems like it'd be more optimal to delay some things (hole in the sky, pyramid, hidden city, etc) to flyer in those areas and avoid going for the GMOB.

I'm tempted to only do BIG runs now, unless I want to do a different challenge, because it seems like it's going to be a lot faster to get to where I can wear all my favorite gear, and it seems to me to be faster than normal HCNP to finish too. Is anyone else thinking the same? If so, maybe doing some tweaks for BIG would be worthwhile, since if you're doing runs a day faster that's a lot of karma you can build up, even without the bonus karma for it being the flavour of the quarter.

Gawea

Gawea, not for most of us. It's supposed to hunt and get the right tower item. Which item is it failing on?

Well, this time it did it with an NG and a barbed-wire fence, but it's done it with others in the past. I never had the problem until I started doing BIG! runs.

Bug:

Code:
Putting on sugar shield...
Equipment changed.
Come back with a 20 pound Mosquito
Putting HP the Mosquito back into terrarium...
Taking Cry Baby the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
You acquire an effect: Billiards Belligerence (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lost. Boo hoo.
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

There's no way I can't get to 20 lbs of familiar weight, especially when it made a sugar shield and used a pool table buff. I've got empathy, sympathy, leash, a be kinder resolution, and it could buy pet buffing spray.

When I manually switch to the mosquito, it's already at 22lbs!

Theraze

It's using mafia's auto-bits, specifically guardians(), so that's not a script bug. And mafia's auto-bits won't buy the pet spray. If you want it to... request it as a FReq. But it's not a bug. Except maybe in that it always tries to use the pool table whether or not you're actually about to fight the NS.

Theraze

I still see it every time BCA aborts due to not having enough healing items to knock out the shadow. Since that's just after the item-check, but still before the actual NS and pet zone. Haven't figured out a good way without additional server hits to check that it's the right time for pool yet.

Edit: Example from today:
[1293] Sorceress Tower: Door Puzzles
Wielding huge mirror shard...
Equipment changed.
Reflecting energy bolt...
Wielding double-barreled sling...
Equipment changed.
Insufficient healing items to continue.
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
Huh? Unknown response.
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

Last edited: